Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Nooby Here + 1 question.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #1
TacomaNooby is on a distinguished road
Name: Leo
TacomaNooby's Tacoma Gallery
Nooby Here + 1 question.

Hello i just joined tacomaworld and just posting here because i was asked to. Anyways i have a 2008 Tacoma double cab TRD OFF RAOD package with tow package. I bought it at 64k miles from a dealership but now its making a sound (grinding sound) whenever i turn my steering wheel left or right while stepping on the brakes to come to a stop. It sounds like my tires rubbing off the mudguard (the tires are a bit bigger then to stock ones) but i lifted the truck up and checked the tires and mudguard but found no evidence of rubbing. im worried it might be in the suspension. any tips clues or helps is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #2
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Well first of all, welcome to TW from Orlando!

If the sound is only happening when applying the brake and turning, I doubt it's going to be suspension related.

When did this noise start? Any big changes before the noise that might be an indicator?

Fink
Old 01-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:11 AM   #4
TacomaNooby is on a distinguished road
Name: Leo
TacomaNooby's Tacoma Gallery
No, i did not make any changes. at first i didnt realize the noise until i made a sudden hard right while applying the brakes and hitting a small bump. Then i started recognizing the noise more and more. If i apply the brakes and make a hard right or left AND if i go on or off the driveway turning my steering wheel right or left but hitting the driveway hump a little hard then it makes the sound. Should i turn left or right slowing or drive up and off the driveway slowing while turning the steering wheel, it makes no sound. Again the sound only happens when its a hard right or left like turning into a parking slot or when hitting the driveway hump while applying the brakes, if i slowing turn into the parking slot or slowly go up the driveway then it makes no sound. im actually starting to think the dealer sold me a bad truck but then again it could of been my doing.