Notices

Another new guy..

Old 01-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
Fivespeed is on a distinguished road
Navy: EN2
Fivespeed's Tacoma Gallery
Another new guy..

Hi all,

Recently scanned through the forums before joining and you guys are definitely a helpful bunch. I look forward to being a regular on this forum!

Recently traded in my 2012 Mustang GT on a 2012 Tacoma TRD Quad cab with the offroad package due to priorities changing. I gotta say this is an awesome truck! This is my first truck and 4x4 and I know nothing in regards to suspension/lifts for these. I plan on a mediocre lift with some bigger and more aggressive tires as well as swapping out the stock hood for a sport hood with the scoop.

Glad to be a member!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
Thank you
Old 01-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #4
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
welcome from everett. got a brother in newberg though... love it down there!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #5
Thanks! Not a bad area at all. Definitely the reason my priorities changed and got rid of the 470hp GT. Too much traffic and the weather doesn't always play nice as compared to where I used to live. Now to look for some good trails/offroading areas!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #6
llibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
llibrm's Tacoma Gallery
You'll love the change.

Welcome
Old 01-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #7
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard!
Old 01-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #8
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW ...
Old 01-07-2013, 02:16 PM   #9
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Tucson.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #10
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jeffvt0508's Tacoma Gallery
welcome! start saving money for the hood skewp.. you might as well buy outright from dealer... most skewp owners don't give them up! look into Toytec(with billistein 5100s) or OME lifts.. they are the two that seem to be the most popular..
Old 01-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #11
Thanks all! I did some search for the hood and you're right it looks like i'll just have to buy from a dealer. Hopefully I can sell my old hood someway, somehow. I checked out the OME complete kits and it looks like that's what I am going to get. However I don't know WHICH kit to get. I'm only interested in blasting through mud puddles and snow, not going up steep hills with a lot of rocks, etc. Do I need the $1000+ kits? Thinking some Duratrac 265/75/16's, paint my rims black, and a 3" complete lift kit should fit my standards. Will I need UCA's?
Old 01-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #12
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivespeed View Post
Thanks all! I did some search for the hood and you're right it looks like i'll just have to buy from a dealer. Hopefully I can sell my old hood someway, somehow. I checked out the OME complete kits and it looks like that's what I am going to get. However I don't know WHICH kit to get. I'm only interested in blasting through mud puddles and snow, not going up steep hills with a lot of rocks, etc. Do I need the $1000+ kits? Thinking some Duratrac 265/75/16's, paint my rims black, and a 3" complete lift kit should fit my standards. Will I need UCA's?
If you have the money or can save up get a good suspension lift cause it will be worth it in the long run even if you dont do a lot of off-roading. If you go higher then 2.5"s of lift in the front they normally advise you to get some aftermarket UCA's to to get the alignment back to factory specs.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
Welcome! I love oregon, I have alot of family up there and will probably be taking a drive to see them in the summer.

As for a lift, to keep costs down and get pretty nice set up you should also check out Ironman 2in suspension lift. You shouldnt have to have new UCA's and its relatively cheaper than OME. Just a suggestion since you dont seem to heavely into wheeling.
I'm seeing $880 for this kit through Sierra expedition. For a similar price I can get the OME lift kit?? These complete kits are so nice for people like me just getting into the 4x4 game!
Old 01-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #14
Brad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brad
Brad Lord's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Ga.