Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Creeping upgrades for awhile

Old 01-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
Jbh512 is on a distinguished road
Jbh512's Tacoma Gallery
Creeping upgrades for awhile

So, I've been creeping all of the performance upgrades available for my 2011 trd. For the last four months I worked 75 hours a week and now I'm just waiting for my next job to start. With that being said i've got some money burning a hole in my pocket. Talked to Gadget today at URD and ordered a bunch of parts. URD Stainless 3" Mk2 Exhaust, URD Competition Y-Pipe, URD TRUE COLD AIR INTAKE, MAF Sensor. I can't wait until they get here. Has anyone put this combo on their truck?
Old 01-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
dsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DSJ
dsjones5's Tacoma Gallery
Put the URD intake on my truck for about 4 months. Got to scared that the dealer might say it will void my warranty so I took it off. When i removed it i noticed there was what looked like rust on the inside of the intake tube?? That made me wonder what i was really sucking into my engine. Also my throttle body appeared to be a bit dirtier than I would like. I also noticed how wet the filter got when it rained fairly hard outside. It did sound amazing tho and gave me a little better gas mileage tho.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #3
Jbh512's Tacoma Gallery
I think there is a pre-filter to help with the heavy rain. Thanks for the input I'm gunna call Gadget tomorrow about it to see what he says.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #4
Jbh512's Tacoma Gallery
Talked with Gadget today about your concerns. The crank case vent now has to run through the intake to burn off any excess vapors instead of just venting into the atmosphere because of emission issues. Your factory intake has that also. Sometimes a little oil might get through the tube. Also, unless you submerge the intake filter, it being wet, is no concern. As he put it, a guy driving a motorcycle in the rain doesn't drown. I didn't ask about the warranty but I know that there are laws that protect people from putting lifts on their truck so I believe that would apply here. As long as the product can not be directly tied to a failure your warranty should be valid. You should really talk to Gadget about your issues. I'm telling you that guy knows his stuff and is happy to talk about his products.