Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Noob. First mods?

Old 01-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
Cosmic Coconut Farmer
MarcomaN is on a distinguished road

MarcomaN's Tacoma Gallery
Noob. First mods?

What's going on everybody? I'm a new member to TW but I've been using it for a little bit now to check out all of the rad things we can do with our Tacos. So I was wondering, what would be some first mods to look in to that don't cost an arm and a leg? I just got an authentic pair of Trail Team wheels last weekend, and I'm stoked on them! End Game: I want to turn my truck in to a Baja Surf Machine!

Old 01-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #3
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
welcome!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #5
Cosmic Coconut Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Welcome. Love the rims. My first and most functional mods were WeatherTech Digital Liners. Easy to clean them and the interior. Best prices I found were with Scott from TruckAddOns.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...h-special.html

Right on dude! Thanks. That's a great idea actually because I get sand everywhere!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #6
Cosmic Coconut Farmer

Thanks Mike and Ferdie! I'm going to post some more pics when I get them up.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #7
BakerTaco will become famous soon enough

Name: Will
BakerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcomaN View Post
What's going on everybody? I'm a new member to TW but I've been using it for a little bit now to check out all of the rad things we can do with our Tacos. So I was wondering, what would be some first mods to look in to that don't cost an arm and a leg? I just got an authentic pair of Trail Team wheels last weekend, and I'm stoked on them! End Game: I want to turn my truck in to a Baja Surf Machine!

Definitely the weathertechs. First mod on my truck, and the most useful
Old 01-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #8
A comfortable ride is for chumps
Athlaos is on a distinguished road

Name: Athlaos
Athlaos's Tacoma Gallery
An after-market shift knob is always nice.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #9
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
That's a great looking truck, welcome.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #10
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the forum!!

Cheap mods:
Remove badges or plastic dip them black.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #11
Cosmic Coconut Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgecko View Post
Welcome to the forum!!

Cheap mods:
Ah yes. I do like the Plasti-Dip Look. Perhaps that shall be my next lil Saturday morning project.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #12
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstien 5100s up front set to the second notch and wider/bigger tires. Oh and get that grill surround painted right away.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #13
STRIKER TRD
akaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
akaryanreynolds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgecko View Post
Cheap mods:
Yah debadge for sure it makes waxing a breeze.

Saw you were in So-Cal we do Bi-Monthly truck meets
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...acos-meet.html

Got one coming up this week on Thursday, still figuring out the exact location but it will be posted to the thread above when we pick it.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #14
smurf taco has a spectacular aura aboutsmurf taco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Brian
smurf taco's Tacoma Gallery
how good are you with wires? i would do bed lights. you can get 20 dollar off road lights from wal mart that fit into our cubby holes in the bed. i just did mine a few weeks ago and they have already came in use when i go surfing. ill be in the bed of my truck waxing my board and its still dark out in the morning and i flip my lights on and i love it!
Old 01-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #16
Cosmic Coconut Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Salty View Post
Bilstien 5100s up front set to the second notch and wider/bigger tires. Oh and get that grill surround painted right away.
I just started reading up on the 5100's. Seem popular. They're adjustable shocks that add some ride height? What's the scoop on these?
Old 01-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #17
Cosmic Coconut Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf taco View Post
how good are you with wires? i would do bed lights. you can get 20 dollar off road lights from wal mart that fit into our cubby holes in the bed. i just did mine a few weeks ago and they have already came in use when i go surfing. ill be in the bed of my truck waxing my board and its still dark out in the morning and i flip my lights on and i love it!
Killer idea. I'm not quite there yet. But it would definitely make a nice finishing touch.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #18
Cosmic Coconut Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaryanreynolds View Post
Yah debadge for sure it makes waxing a breeze.

Saw you were in So-Cal we do Bi-Monthly truck meets
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...acos-meet.html

Got one coming up this week on Thursday, still figuring out the exact location but it will be posted to the thread above when we pick it.
Right on dude. Thanks for the invite. I'll make it out one of these days.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #19
Brad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brad
Brad Lord's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome and the rims look good .

Products Discussed in this Thread