LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

I just added a Tacoma

Old 01-08-2013, 05:04 AM   #1
TEQ HED
Mattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mattnatti's Tacoma Gallery
I just added a Tacoma

New to the forum and i am looking forward to many hours of learning. I just traded in my 09' Honda civic Si last night for a 2012 Tacoma. I loved the high reving ( 8k rpm ) V-Tec of the honda but it just wasnt practical to drive any longer. After buying a 80 seriesLand Cruiser to drive back and forth for work the Si just didn't get much wheel time.

The day I brought home the Si.........

The land cruiser I bought to DD.........1994 with 212,xxx on the clock. The coolest all around vehicle I have ever owned.

And my new to me Tacoma.......single cab, 2.7L auto 4x4.......4/12 man. Date with 12,000mi.

Sorry for the rambling intro post and thank in advance for the welcome.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:13 AM   #3
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
I like the Cruiser - those things last forever.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:59 AM   #4
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Welcome aboard!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:30 AM   #5
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the new truck!!

Seems like every Taco I see these days is a double cab, I really like the look of your black stranded cab.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #6
GFY
BigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Big Head
BigHeadTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats
Old 01-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #7
Señor Member
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
congrats, welcome to tw...damn and it came with the sport wheels nice
Old 01-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #8
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Truck! Welcome to TW!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:12 PM   #9
Brad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brad
Brad Lord's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome and congrats on the new truck .
Old 01-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #10
TEQ HED
Mattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwzteD View Post
Nice truck gotta love reg cabs
I like the room of a double cab and have owned a 2000 crew cab dually ford with a power stroke and it was sweet but these days a single cab is all I need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerseun View Post
Welcome!
I like the Cruiser - those things last forever.
The Land Cruiser is my baby and is very very capable off pavement. Factory locked front and rear. I will probably be buried in this 80!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgecko View Post
Congrats on the new truck!!

Seems like every Taco I see these days is a double cab, I really like the look of your black stranded cab.
I like the look of the double cab Tacoma but I really wanted the 4bangerafter dropping $100 week at the pump in the Land Cruiser for the past year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
congrats, welcome to tw...damn and it came with the sport wheels nice
Yeah, a big plus and was a deciding factor over the 2011 that was on the lot.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:39 PM   #11
TEQ HED

Thank for the welcome guys. I will bow out now and read/learn for a few days or so. Get the feel for the landscape of the forum.

Cheers!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #12
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
Liken the reg cab and I hate you for having a factory e locked Land Cruiser. My buddy has a 97 that's open front and rear, it is one of the most capable rigs in stockish form. One day I'll get one to add to the collection of Toyota's.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #13
TEQ HED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck92 View Post
Liken the reg cab and I hate you for having a factory e locked Land Cruiser. My buddy has a 97 that's open front and rear, it is one of the most capable rigs in stockish form. One day I'll get one to add to the collection of Toyota's.

You are right, even a open 80 is one of the most capable truck in stock form.
I was lucky that I found one that had been taken care of and am thankful for it. With the LC ( 12mpg ) and the civic( 24-27mpg ) sitting next to each other I would always go for the LC.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #14
TEQ HED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
Woo another Reg Cab! Post some pics in the 2.7l Single Cab Thread in the 4banger forum. Welcome to TW!

I will. I have been sick with a fever and didn't even go outside today. I am hoping to get a few more pics tomorrow. the good part about being sick is that with the day off work I was able to get a lot of reading done today about the Tacoma's in-between the drug induced sleeping.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #15
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! All clean vehicles and congrats on the Taco. Although I'd admit if I had the Land Cruiser and an SI I would have kept the Honda as a DD(and fun car) and had the Land Cruiser as the off road toy. Congrats nonetheless though!
Old 01-11-2013, 10:22 PM   #16
TEQ HED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
Welcome! All clean vehicles and congrats on the Taco. Although I'd admit if I had the Land Cruiser and an SI I would have kept the Honda as a DD(and fun car) and had the Land Cruiser as the off road toy. Congrats nonetheless though!
Thanks Josh, I bought the land cruiser as a DD when I changed jobs and had to give up a company truck ( 2006 taco 4x2 ) I get really dirty and muddy sometimes at work getting in and out of telephone manholes and I didn't really want to trash the interior of the civic. Although the Si was a really nice car with a lot of options and the v-tec rocked i seemed to really take it by the scruff of it's neck when I drove it. After driving the LC like grandma Betty for the past year it made me realize that I needed to start think about things differently. Guarding my CDL kept coming to mind when I hit 6-7-8k RPM in the civic. So I just thought it would be prudent to get something as a DD that was more economical and I didn't have to worry too much about getting it dirty. Plus I am 6'1" and 300# and the civic was a PITA to get in and out of. I guess getting old and fat is catching up with me.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #17
top flight security
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
nice 8th gen

i also traded in my 2010 fa5 for a taco, miss the gas mileage and the clutch but love being in a truck again.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #18
meantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
meantaco's Tacoma Gallery
Any more pictures of the LC? Love it!
Old 06-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #19
TEQ HED

Quote:
Originally Posted by meantaco View Post
Any more pictures of the LC? Love it!
My first wheeling trip.

A trip I took last November to Golden mountain park in Sparta Tenn. Wheeling with ACC Toyota crew.

This looks like a poser shot but it reall is not. Working the best line for a pretty knarly drop off where the camera man is standing.

That is Sam from Lowe Toyota in Warner Robbins Georgia riding shotgun.He is the parts and service manager there and has fantastic service if anyone needs genuine Toyota parts.

This is the rear interior. Custom cargo mat bolted to the removed rear two seat row factory bolting locations. 3/4" cabinet grade plywood bedlned. I can remove the front piece and install the second row seats if needed.
Also, custom cut 1/4" aluminum tailgate armor. And a custom made interior tire mount. This is where I sleep when I go on wheeling trips.

Thanks for asking for more pics. I love this truck.

Next to the taco a few days ago.