See what had happened was...

Old 01-09-2013, 12:51 AM   #1
I Can't ReMember
TinkerToy is on a distinguished road

Army: 54B & L4 / 84th Chem Bn, 375th Chem Co
Name: Phergus
TinkerToy's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow See what had happened was...

So there I was, thumbing (actually I was using my index finger) through the ads on craigslist, looking for a deal...

And there is was: 1998 Tacoma Xtra Cab PreRunner with 92k for $3000 with a clear title, up to date tag, good tires, running, driving, & the pics were decent too!

Not exactly what I was looking for, but how could I pass it up?

Ugh... No phone number!!! (bastard)

So I email the guy... (and wait)

"Consider your truck SOLD! I'd like to buy it TODAY and I have cash!" (no response)

So I emailed from another account... (still no response)

So I emailed a 3rd time from yet another account... (a little stalkerish I admit, but whatever it takes)

Thought 1: The idiot JUST posted this ad & walked away (smh)
Thought 2: He probably has 20 emails by now (30 minutes later)
Thought 3: I hate craigslist & the idiots who post on it! (idiots mind you)
Thought 4: It was too good to be true; I give up & go on about my day.

25 minutes later I get an email notification...

It was the idiot from craigslist!

He didn't respond to the first or second email, he responded to the third!

Apparently "first come, first served" was not his mind set - but hey - at least I got a response.

He informed me that the truck could be viewed, at Walmart of all places, in a couple of hours. He continued to say that he'd already gotten 22 other emails and that the price was not negotiable...

Really?! Because I'm pretty sure I'd already offered you full price, sight unseen.

And so the begging begins...

Finally I get the guy to agree to meet with me beforehand & now I'm the proud owner of a Taco!

Since then I've been through the truck, seafoamed it, replaced the belts, plugs, wires, air filter, pcv valve, fuel filter (that was a booger), miscellaneous bulbs, and probably a few other odds & ends I neglected to mention.

Although it's not exactly what I wanted (newer double cab TRD 4wd) I can't complain.

So there you have it...

Meow if you'll excuse, I'll go on about my day.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:57 AM   #2
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like a scam, did you call the guy?
Old 01-09-2013, 12:58 AM   #3
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
sounds like a scam, did you call the guy?
He bought the truck
Old 01-09-2013, 01:02 AM   #4
T O Y O T A
mlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of light

Army: E Co, 4-3 ADA BN Executive Officer
Name: Michael
mlittle's Tacoma Gallery
Based on your location if he was from Oklahoma too, there's no explaining necessary.

Congratulations on your purchase even if it's not exactly what you want. At least you'll be able to sell it to one of the other 20+ that emailled the seller.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:58 AM   #6
I Can't ReMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlittle View Post
Based on your location if he was from Oklahoma too, there's no explaining necessary.

Congratulations on your purchase even if it's not exactly what you want. At least you'll be able to sell it to one of the other 20+ that emailled the seller.
Granted there are a multitude of morons here, but I think that goes for most anywhere you go...even Maryland...lol

Then again, you're stationed at Ft Sill. The concentration is much higher down there!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:22 AM   #7
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Good thing since its a first gen IF you wanted a 4x4 all you gotta do is find a donor truck at a junk yard or something.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:00 PM   #8
Brad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brad
Brad Lord's Tacoma Gallery
CONGRATS !!!
Old 01-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #9
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #10
I Can't ReMember

Thanks guys! I'll try to get some pics up today or tomorrow, but it's nothing spectacular.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #11
I Can't ReMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowbocop View Post
Congrats, lets see some pics!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Lord View Post
CONGRATS !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
Welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlittle View Post

Thanks guys! I'll try to get some pics up today or tomorrow, but it's nothing spectacular.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #12
XLR8 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
XLR8's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome and Congrats