Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Super Excited noob trying to figure out what i just bought

Old 01-11-2013, 11:32 PM   #1
captaco is on a distinguished road
captaco's Tacoma Gallery
Super Excited noob trying to figure out what i just bought

Hey guys, i just bought an '07 access cab 4x4 tacoma and i'm trying to figure out what exactly i got. It's got SR5 badges on it but no TRD graphics, but it's got bilstein shocks and fog lights and a skid plate... I'm just trying to figure out what's good and what's not as good, if I got an undercover TRD and how to tell. I can't wait to start playing around with it and beefing it up. Let me know what you think (or where this topic is covered in another post)! I'm brand new to the truck scene, i drove a camry before this and finally made enough money to get a decent truck and i am so stoked right now... I can post pics tomorrow.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:41 PM   #3
captaco's Tacoma Gallery
v6
Old 01-11-2013, 11:42 PM   #4
captaco's Tacoma Gallery
it doesn't have any traction control buttons either... so
Old 01-11-2013, 11:58 PM   #6
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Rr diff lock? If no, you have no trd.
or a Sport

Does it have a scoop ?
Old 01-12-2013, 12:02 AM   #7
captaco's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure how to tell what kind of rear diff I have. Any suggestions for a test? Or visual cues?
Old 01-12-2013, 12:03 AM   #8
captaco's Tacoma Gallery
No scoop. Definitely not a trd sport then huh?
Old 01-12-2013, 12:11 AM   #9
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaco View Post
Not sure how to tell what kind of rear diff I have. Any suggestions for a test? Or visual cues?
youd have a rr diff lock button to the left of the steering wheel...

you prob just have an sr5. as a service bulletin, toyota replaced the rear spings with a 4 leaf pack, and put the bilstein shocks in it. if you have alloy 16" wheels like the trd off roads have, that means you have a limited slip rear end, if you just have the stock steel wheels then you just have an sr5.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:19 AM   #10
captaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
youd have a rr diff lock button to the left of the steering wheel...
Don't have this, just those blanks they put in the button space. I'll check the wheels out tomorrow. Thanks!
Old 01-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #11
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery

NOT MUCH TO CHECK OUT, DO THEY LOOK LIKE EITHER OF THOSE?
Old 01-12-2013, 04:05 AM   #12
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
captaco,

Look closely at the shocks, does it say "Toyota / Bilstein" or "Bilstein" on them? Also count the number of rear spring leaves. If there are 3+1 (3 main leaves, plus 1 overload) it is probably as stated above, where you received the rear leaf spring TSB upgrade and shocks. If the shocks only say "Bilstein" someone replaced the factory shocks with the much better "Bilsteins" and is a good thing no matter whether TRD or not.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:03 AM   #13
rookie
ryan c is on a distinguished road

Name: ryan
ryan c's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW Cap! You got yourself a damn reliable truck is what you got. Congrats on the purchase.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #14
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Does your stereo have a 6 disc changer? If so - TRD Sport or OR
Does it have color matched door handles, mirror covers, bumpers? If so - TRD Sport
Does it have a rear locker or ATrac? If so, TRD OR.

Are the bumpers chrome, no 6 disc changer, no color matched accessories, no scoop, no Atrac, no locker, no power in the bed. = SR5

This doesn't affect TRD status but did it come with a tow package?
Old 01-12-2013, 09:37 AM   #16
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Does this truck have 4 wheels ?
I thought they all came with 5?

Frank
Old 01-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #17
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
I thought they all came with 5?

Frank
Old 01-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #18
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
A power outlet in the bed of the truck is basically the signature of the TRD. If you have that, you have a TRD, past that you could have either a Sport or Off-Road. Sounds like you don't have the rr diff lock button, so the Off-Road is out. Past that, if you have a color matched rear bumper, hood scoop, color matched side mirrors and color matched door handles, then you have a Sport.

This is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
Does it have color matched door handles, mirror covers, bumpers? If so - TRD Sport
Does it have a rear locker or ATrac? If so, TRD OR.

Are the bumpers chrome, no 6 disc changer, no color matched accessories, no scoop, no Atrac, no locker, no power in the bed. = SR5