Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Fresh Member!

Old 01-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
rustbus is on a distinguished road
rustbus's Tacoma Gallery
Fresh Member!

Hi Guys,

My new truck is a 2012 Trail Team pro access cab, 6-speed, super white!

its a company truck....but i expect ill buy this one from the company when its time to sell in 4 years or so.

so far so good! been lurking, so now that the truck is at 15000km I'm here to discuss minor issues and take it in for the first warranty visit....finger crossed i don't get treated like crap at the dealer!
Old 01-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
welcome!
Old 01-13-2013, 03:47 AM   #4
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 01-13-2013, 03:47 AM   #5
Highboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud of

Highboy90's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
Old 01-13-2013, 07:14 AM   #6
rustbus is on a distinguished road
rustbus's Tacoma Gallery
hey thanks guys!

this site feels like a great resource and definitely one of the great aspects of the web -im also into aircooled VW's and those guys have a huge online community going too.

so far i love the tacoma and it looks great. (though i would love to trade these black fake beadlocks for the bronze fake beadlocks...) previous company trucks were a late 90's dodge 1500, then a 2001 chevy silverado regular cab with the big engine (that thing ripped, despite the auto trans) then i was allowed to choose, so i chose a 2006-ish 2wd access cab tacoma with 5 speed, (hated the way those tiny wheels looked - but solid truck) then i was 'upgraded' to a 2008 4 door 4x4 F150, (not by choice that time!) and now finally this 2012 tacoma. tacoma wins the quality challenge of all of those, and yes i miss the space in the bigger trucks, but, i chose to downsize to avoid government "personal benefit" tax on my mileage....tax me into the ground if they could!

I knew i would suffer the downsize in cab but if i have over something like 28" rear legroom, then the Gov't wants a piece, like i've got some massive advantage over the rest of the population cause i dont pay for my trucks. what next?

anyhow! - thanks for the welcomes guys, im still gathering my thoughts to post int he 2nd gen forums.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:21 AM   #7
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome.
Company vehicle is a nice benefit, even if you get taxed on it, it is still worth it.