Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

NEED HELP with a 98 tacoma v6

Old 01-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
klinder7 is on a distinguished road
Name: kirk
klinder7's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation NEED HELP with a 98 tacoma v6

my 98 tacoma v6 just blew a spark plug today and took the threads with it and blew up the coil pack i want some input i went a bought a new coil pack for 70$ and a heli coil kit for 40$ a new head would cost me 455$ and i would be out a truck for awhile waiting for it to come in im going to go ahead and take the head off to make sure no debre got inside the piston wall and make sure the head is not cracked but anybody put a helicoil in there tacoma and if so what am i getting into i can see tht in one sparkplug hole there looks like a washer in the bottom to hold the spark plug in place and in the one tht blew out there is nothing in it so idk what to think any suggestions and if u have pictures could u post so i can see much appriciated after all this i still love my tacoma thanks guys

KIRK
Old 01-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
TOYWERX Grill Sergeant
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by klinder7 View Post
My 98 tacoma v6 just blew a spark plug today and took the threads with it. It also blew up the coil pack and I'd like some input.
I went a bought a new coil pack for 70$ and a heli coil kit for 40$. A new head would cost me 455$ and I would be out a truck for awhile waiting for it to come in.
I'm going to go ahead and take the head off to make sure no debris got inside the piston wall and make sure the head is not cracked.
Anybody put a helicoil in there tacoma? If so what am I getting into? I can see that in one spark-plug hole there looks like a washer in the bottom to hold the spark plug in place and in the one tht blew out there is nothing. I don't Know what to think...
Any suggestions? If u have pictures could you post so I can see? Much appreciated!
After all this I still love my tacoma.
Thanks guys

KIRK
FTFY.

There... Now we can understand what you are asking.
Welcome to TW!
Punctuation is key!
Old 01-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Ferntucky, NV