Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Introduction - Love my 4x4 Taco!

Old 01-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #1
markitect is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
markitect's Tacoma Gallery
Introduction - Love my 4x4 Taco!

Hi all, seasonal 4x4 enthusiast here. Not hard-core, but like to treat my taco rough - however it is my daily driver to get to projects, meetings, etc. So not too crazy, but she's got some desert scars and pin striping...

I bought my '05 new, it just turned over 100k miles, and it still drives like new, except that clunk in the right front when I back out of an angled parking space - what's that about?

Love the truck - just upgraded the stereo (JVC) mainly to get "built-in" bluetooth for hands-free... works great, and the stereo sound is much better too!

Hope to learn more about my awesome truck, and meet other people into their Tacomas and off road fun.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! The "clunk" could be a bad CV joint.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #3
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Greetings from San Diego as well and welcome to TacomaWorld.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
detnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
detnight's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the crazy world of Tacomaworld. You have lots of folks over there on the West coast to help you spend money on the Taco
Old 01-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #5

Air Force:
Thanks! Yeah, my wallet is cringing...
Old 01-13-2013, 08:27 PM   #6
cdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tim
cdthiker's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #7

Air Force:
Thanks Warputer - CV joints checked, both good. It's only once-in-awhile. It's more like something in the suspension is slightly loose... I dunno. Could just be old-age? We'll see what happens when I take her out to the desert next weekend.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:20 AM   #8
Highboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud of

Highboy90's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW.