New guy

Old 01-14-2013, 10:35 AM   #1
fleetwood is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Aircraft Weapons Maintenance
Name: william
fleetwood's Tacoma Gallery
New guy

Hello fellow Tacoma folks,
I live in Texarkana, Ar. This is my second compact Toyota truck. My first was a 1981 (I can't remember the model name) truck. It was an awesome little truck with close to 200k miles and still ran like new. I moved to El Paso Tx. and wanted air conditioning so I traded for a new S10. I realized right away that it was a huge mistake!!
After several years I finally own another one. This one is a regular cab 4 cyl 5 speed manual trans. I use it to drive 32 miles one way to work everyday. I wanted the most basic Tacoma available that came with air. Come to find out, air is standard now, along with some other things. Some of them that I wish it didn't have. Like touch screen audio, bluetooth and loads of airbags. I think that other options would have been more useful like a cargo light, a place to hook tow chains and a trailer light connector. But it sure feels good to be back it my Toyota truck. I actually have something to look forward to when I Drive to work now! Does anyone know of any online or other parts places where I can get a rear sliding window for this truck? I have scoured the internet and can only find them at places like ebay. I don't want to set up an account just to occasionally buy things. Thanks and I look forward to hearing everyone's stories about Tacomas and hope to learn a few things from all of you.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
SportyHeretic is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Electronic Warfare
Name: Jeremy
SportyHeretic's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW
Old 01-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #3
XLR8 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
XLR8's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
Old 01-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #4
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard!