Notices

Mexican Taco

Old 01-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
Frissen will become famous soon enough

Frissen's Tacoma Gallery
Mexican Taco

No pics, I'm picking up tomorrow,

RWD 4L Taco

This is my first Toyota ever and only my 2nd Pick Up, there is only one version down here in Mexico called "sport", so any pointers while picking it up?

I'll post pics after I pick it up, looking forward to read the forums
Old 01-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 01-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #3

Frissen's Tacoma Gallery
I ended up picking up the Taco this morning as paperwork just took too long yesterday, but well here we are:

Old 01-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #4

Frissen's Tacoma Gallery
Joining the forum already paid off, as I am not familiar with pick ups, I didn't know the tailgate could be taken off so easily and thus be stolen in a heartbeat, since I saw a couple of posts of the tailgate clamp precedure after picking it up I drove to a friends shop and had it done, I guess joining in is already paying off

I didn't take pics of the clamp done by my friend as I was running late for work but looks clean
Old 01-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #5
2011 TX TRD Offroad
Cmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.C.
Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
howdy from middle USA! clean truck. tailgate hose clamp mod was one of my first things too. nicely done.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #6

Frissen's Tacoma Gallery
Wify scared of Taco decides to run with Q3 :/

A few issues with our Q5 made us take it to the shop, and I told the wify that I was picking up the Taco and I would meet her at the Audi dealer (as they didn't have a loaner for her) and If she would drop me at work she could run free with the Taco, I made it first to the Audi dealer after she arrived she told me she's not driving "that monster" :/ so she decided to run in the Q3... sooner than later she will have her encounter with Taco as we have already experienced neither the Q3 or the Q5 are any good to transport bikes, dogs, etc...
Old 01-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #7

Frissen's Tacoma Gallery
Taco vs Q

early morning shot...

Against the Q3 (or the Q5 for that matter) the Taco feels heavy, slow and very unrefined, yet, the Taco is not a bad place to be under treacherous Mexican conditions.

The cabin is outstanding, seats are super comfortable yet sporty, you got everything you need at hands reach and the steering wheel is thick and nicely finished, nice.

At Mexico's 1.5 mile altitude aspirated engines suffer a lot, sometimes up to 30% of the power is lost, driving the Taco I'm looking at the torque curve more than hp and find myself at a good pace, obviously in the Q I'm always blazing through traffic as it is super fast with its 2.0L turbocharged 211hp engine and excellent driving dynamics, yet the Q suffers a bit under bad pavement, a constant around here, huge speed bumps and potholes that could be classified as lunar craters and this is where the Taco shines as most obstacles are tackled with ease.

I finally picked up the plates and took off the side stickers... pics coming

now time to drive
Old 01-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #8

Frissen's Tacoma Gallery
wow! two days old and wifey returns Taco like this...

today I did a quick wash and took photos of "mods", side sticker is out...

tailgate emblems out but left PreRunner, added plain plateframe...

and front plate frame...

that's about it since this is a company car... well I need to add soon but still searching the forums on what would be best... any suggestions welcome
Old 01-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #9
Chepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
What up man! Another one from México! That's cool! I've seen you are from Puebla... I'm from México city, so we are not that far away, if you ever need something, just pm me...

Btw, u got the best color
Old 01-22-2013, 11:50 AM   #10

Frissen's Tacoma Gallery
fantastic Chepo...

well all I need to add now is the Hitch, what do you suggest?
Old 01-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #11
Chepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
As I don' tow anything... I really dont know, but I would go to the dealer, ask what they have for it, and search for the brand in another store...

Also you can always go to Autozone, they have tons of stuff (but we mexicans never ask!)
Old 01-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #12
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! Looking good.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:56 PM   #13

Frissen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chepo View Post
As I don' tow anything... I really dont know, but I would go to the dealer, ask what they have for it, and search for the brand in another store...

Also you can always go to Autozone, they have tons of stuff (but we mexicans never ask!)
I did go to my local Autozone, didn't like what I saw there. The dealer that sold me the Taco is as expected a bit expensivo and probably not OEM. My MTB dealer has the Curt at a reasonable price and a friend does the install at a reasonable price. We don't have an off road parts place around here, we have a trailer place I'm going to check those guys out.

If you have the address for a place in DF that does shipping let me know, thanks.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #14

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
Let me check, there should be at least 1 store!
Old 02-05-2013, 01:45 PM   #15

Frissen's Tacoma Gallery
Clean Taco @ Porsche

The Cayenne GTS in the back is more than 4 times my Taco :/
Old 02-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #16

Frissen's Tacoma Gallery
should I start my own thread in 2nd gen Tacos? or should I continue on this thread, I'm not sure what is correct etiquette in these cases...
Old 02-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #17
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't have the already get weathertech floor mats
Old 02-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #18

Frissen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1youluv2hate View Post
If you don't have the already get weathertech floor mats
Not planning to add anything for the moment, driving as is, being a company car anything I put in is out of pocket, basically I will drive it, enjoy it and try to get the best out of it as is.

The forum is great entertainment and great source for info on maintenance and issues, I enjoy seeing peoples builds and mods as well.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #19

Frissen's Tacoma Gallery
Todays pic, Taco @ parking
Old 02-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #20
jamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nice
Name: james
jamesinkeys's Tacoma Gallery
Frissen.....great choice! San Miguel Allende, Mx. here. I have a few questions.Where was the Taco made, Baja, Mx., or san Antionio,Tx.? Do you know if the truck is legal to register in gringolandia? Being a co. car, do you know if you can get a better deal $ wise in Mx. or no. Built in Mexico should be a better deal, or no? Distributor willing to discount, or hagel? My nearest distributor is in Leon, I think. Hope you respond to my grilling, thank you in advance. Jamesinkeys