New to both this site and to Toyota!

Old 01-17-2013, 07:37 AM   #1
Topdogs is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: K-9
Name: JD
Topdogs's Tacoma Gallery
New to both this site and to Toyota!

Greetings and Salutations to ALL,
A freied told me how great Toyota vehicles were. I was looking for a good late model used Taco when I discovered how well Tacos hold their value. When all was said and done I opted for a new Taco for a few dollars more than a late model used vehicle. Here I am surfing this forum while waiting for my Taco to arrive. I refused to listen to ALL the dealers stories about what they had on the lot. Seemed that every available Taco was loaded with stuff I had no use for, like Toyo Guard at over $600 and other stuff. I found a dealer willing to deal and had them order MY new truck with what I wanted on it. Got it for about $2000 under invoice and NO DEALER FEES, sweet deal. The primary competing dealer said, "I don't know what kind a business model they're using but for me to keep my job I've got to make a profit which I can't do at that price!." With that he gave me his best price in writing, said it was guaranteed for 24 hours, and told me to come back when I the other dealer tells me they made a mistake and needed more $ to sell me that vehicle. I went to the parking lot and called the other dealer. I quoted the price they had given me and told them if that was the price, and they threw in a full tank of gas, they could start the paperwork. They agreed, I drove 20 minutes and gave them a deposit for the order. Only issue is I have now is that I have to wait for delivery of MY Taco because it is being built to order as we speak.

My taco (I like the sound of that) has a stock 4 cyl Access Cab with an Automatic transmission and the Convenience package. Hard to believe this had to be special ordered. The color was the biggest problem, Nautical Blue Matallic, not one in stock equipped anywhere near what I wanted in the Southeast dealers network. Closest thing available was over $1000 more. That's my story for now, I'll be lurking and buying after marked goodies, until my ride arrives!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:58 AM   #2
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Good story! Sure you'll like your new truck and welcome to TW from Cali!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
270wsm is just really nice270wsm is just really nice270wsm is just really nice270wsm is just really nice270wsm is just really nice

Marines:
270wsm's Tacoma Gallery
awesome welcome to TW
Old 01-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #4
miniceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cook, 589th Combat Engineers, Ahn Khe, RVN
Name: Jim
miniceptor86's Tacoma Gallery
Ya know I don't know how many times I have heard the "I can't make any money/profit at that price" story. Ya think the low price dealer is getting a better deal from the manufacturer than the others?

More likely he wants to sell a vehicle at a fair profit.

Jim
Old 01-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
Goof Ball
pra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
pra4sno's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!