Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New guy from Oregon

Old 01-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
TheBusiness is on a distinguished road

Name: Will
TheBusiness's Tacoma Gallery
New guy from Oregon

Hey guys, just wanted to get my first post up here.

Been reading the forums since I started getting really into trucks about nine months ago. About two months ago my dad crashed my old 1997 jeep cherokee on the way to Mount Hood. I immediately started looking at new car options online. Since this will be the car I will have to drive until I need to get a new one with my own money, I wanted something that I could put 200-300k miles on and that could handle everything from hauling, off-roading, highway driving, snow and ice, and long road trips. I settled on the tacoma.

Went with my dad to the dealership and picked up a black TRD offroad double cab that I had seen online on January 1st. So far I love it, seems to do everything better than the old jeep (which was a great truck)

For any of you Oregon guys, where are some good easy off road trails I can break the truck in on?

I made a list of mods I want to do, but I don't have any experience working on cars. I still have the jeep, which I might do some minor mods on just to get my hands dirty. For the tacoma I was thinking these might be some good first options, very easy to install and functional. I have about 1700 dollars to work with.

First off..
Roll up tonneau cover
AVS Bugflector II
EGR in channel rain guards (I live in Oregon so...)
Some kind of bed divider, dont know which kind yet (suggestions welcome, considering making my own)

Perhaps in the future...
K&N 63 Series AirCharger High Flow intake
Flowmaster Catback exhaust

Thanks guys!
Old 01-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
Old 01-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #3

Thanks!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #5
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #6
Codydray is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
Codydray's Tacoma Gallery
welocome where at in oregon i am down south roseburg area
Old 01-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #7
RESIST
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome. For a tonneau, Access makes a nice low profile cover. Not too pricey either. Just a suggestion.

How do you like it in Oregon. It's a place that I've always wanted to go to.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondeath View Post
Welcome. For a tonneau, Access makes a nice low profile cover. Not too pricey either. Just a suggestion.

How do you like it in Oregon. It's a place that I've always wanted to go to.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out. Oregon's great. Lived here my whole life. Central Oregon around Bend is great.