1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

helpful info on projector head lights and exhaust systems

Discussion in 'New Members' started by 1YOTA6, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Jan 22, 2013 at 6:43 PM
    1YOTA6

1YOTA6 [OP] 1YOTA6

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    11 Db cab LongBed Tacoma 4x4 Sport
    ReadyLift 2.75 leveling lift, 1.5inch spider trax wheel spacers, Plasti-Dip wheels and front grill, Under carriage reverse spot lights, OTTRA Switches, wether tech floor mats, Toyo Open Country AT 285-70r17, on the waiting list for HomerTaco Grill :)
    i just got a 2011 tacoma 4x4 DB long bed and have plans to add extras. first thing i am interested in getting rid of the aftermarket headlights and finding something with still that blacked out look with Halo rings and style but projector headlights that put out great lighting as these do not and seem to be cheaply made. i attempted to align the head lights on low/high beam 15 ft from a wall on level ground and maxed out the screws and the lights are still not placed right. 2nd i need to take the "fart can" off that someone put on it. no lie who ever did the exhaust work did do a good job with the assembly. the welds are very clean and the belds out the back for dual tip exhaust are well done. my problem is the muffler on it I'm sure has been gutted out. Now ive head about URD SS pipes with a magna flow SS 3" system and seems to sound the best so far for a V6 engine but i mean come here its still a V6 and it will never sound like a V8 but i do like it and just looking for more information on maybe not having to drop a grand on a exhaust system.

more stuff to come as i learn the site and build the truck and thanks upfront to anyones input

2. Jan 29, 2013 at 1:51 AM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    [​IMG] Welcome to TW [​IMG] from Ferntucky, NV

3. Jan 29, 2013 at 4:44 PM
    357sig

357sig Donut king

Member:
    First Name:
    dough boy
    donut shop
    Vehicle:
    Gold digger
    Headlights, unless someone made or put those together when you bought the truck. Then they might be the cheap ones.

4. Jan 30, 2013 at 5:07 PM
    1YOTA6

1YOTA6 [OP] 1YOTA6

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    11 Db cab LongBed Tacoma 4x4 Sport
    ReadyLift 2.75 leveling lift, 1.5inch spider trax wheel spacers, Plasti-Dip wheels and front grill, Under carriage reverse spot lights, OTTRA Switches, wether tech floor mats, Toyo Open Country AT 285-70r17, on the waiting list for HomerTaco Grill :)
    i actually found a chinese sticker on one...

Who makes a good blacked out/smoked projector style Headlight for these?

Products Discussed in

To Top