Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Brand New 2013 Tacoma 4x4 TRD OR

Old 02-02-2013, 09:17 AM   #1
victorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nice
Name: Victor
victorramse3's Tacoma Gallery
Brand New 2013 Tacoma 4x4 TRD OR

I just purchased my very first new vehicle, a 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad 4x4.

I have always wanted a 4x4 Tacoma. I had a 2004 model access cab a couple of years ago but it was underwhelming with the 2.7L I4 and not being 4x4. I ended up getting rid of it because it almost killed me on a couple of occasions where it would turn off on me out of nowhere. I would be driving and out of nowhere it would shut off and leave my brakes and steering damn near inoperable. Anyhow I took it in to Toyota and my parents traded it in for a Honda Pilot. I informed Toyota of the issue and they said that it seemed there was a recall on the ECU.

Anyhow on to the present, I was previously driving a 2006 Honda Civic Si which I loved and enjoyed driving very much. I bought it salvaged and fixed it up myself replacing the drivers side airbag, SRS unit, ABS module, bumper shock sensors, hood, bumper, right side fender, and right side headlight. After I fixed it I never had any issues with alignment or anything else for that matter.

I recently got married and bought a house and am a father to be so my wife and I decided that we needed a bigger vehicle that could be used for hauling house "stuff" that otherwise would require us borrowing a truck and transport our family comfortably. Thus we decided to spring for a Tacoma that I've always wanted. Well after seeing the price of the used second gen Tacomas I decided to spend the extra couple grand and just buy a brand new one.

I've been browsing the site and it has a lot of very useful information from a lot of very knowledgable members.i look forward to learning as much as possible about my new vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Brand New 2013 Tacoma 4x4 TRD OR-image.jpg  
Old 02-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Beautiful truck, nice color. Welcome!
Old 02-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #3
GFY
BigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Big Head
BigHeadTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!
Old 02-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #4
victorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nice
Thanks guys!

I've had a white 2004 taco, a white 1998 lifted jeep grand Cherokee, and I just had to continue the white theme. Also I think white is the best color because it is low maintenance haha
Old 02-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #5
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard Victor, real sharp looking truck, nice choice. Congrats on the growing family!
Old 02-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #6
MGM Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
MGM Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
very nice congrats
Old 02-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by EATABULLETcom View Post
Welcome aboard! Vary nice truck!!

a year ago, mine looked like that but silver... not anymore

After browsing the forums it got me thinking about mods I want to do. As much as i'd like to lift it and put some big mud tires on it I have to resist the urge since this needs to be my family vehicle.

I think for now I will have to settle for some good rock sliders that serve as a step for my wife to be able to get into the truck easier.

Any recommendations?
Old 02-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #9
Brad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brad
Brad Lord's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats !!!!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #10
seymour butts
xgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gerardo
xgalvanxgx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorramse3 View Post
After browsing the forums it got me thinking about mods I want to do. As much as i'd like to lift it and put some big mud tires on it I have to resist the urge since this needs to be my family vehicle.

I think for now I will have to settle for some good rock sliders that serve as a step for my wife to be able to get into the truck easier.

Any recommendations?
why not steps? check out NFAB steps.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #11
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats! Welcome!
Old 02-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #12
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorramse3 View Post
As much as i'd like to lift it and put some big mud tires on it I have to resist the urge since this needs to be my family vehicle.
That's why I had to add a cheezy looking step bar on mine.....family vehicle. Welcome to TW Victor.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:57 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgalvanxgx View Post
why not steps? check out NFAB steps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warputer View Post
That's why I had to add a cheezy looking step bar on mine.....family vehicle. Welcome to TW Victor.

I have looked into step bars and as nice as they are i'd rather add something that adds a little more function like rock sliders do.

It is going to be a family vehicle but I know I will be doing some light wheeling and since I am not going to lift the truck i'd like to add some rock sliders for some added protection.

Are there sliders with steps similar to the NFAB steps? Or maybe sliders with some pull out steps? I'm not looking for hardcore sliders but if i'm going to add something i'd like to add something that adds as much function as possible.

Thanks for all your help guys!