1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift kit

Discussion in 'New Members' started by The Yota Life, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Feb 2, 2013 at 1:51 PM
    The Yota Life

The Yota Life [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Indian Trail, NorthbCarolina
    Vehicle:
    04 tacoma
    265/75/16 Goodyear wranglers m/t 16 inch eagle alloy series 185 5% window tint air-aid throttle body spacer
    What's up every one!!!

I'm about to buy a lift from toytec but I'm having a problem of which shocks to go with. This is the kit I'm buying but Which one is the better buy with the package...procomp 9000 gas shocks or bilstein 5100 zinc plated shocks. The bilsteins are 70 bucks more

I have no about stuff like this when it comes to lift kit ans suspension, tell me what y'all think to help me decide which one on which one I'd better and why?

Thanks y'all, josh

2. Feb 2, 2013 at 2:36 PM
    dlooney

dlooney Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Wilmington NC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport PreRunner
    Satoshi w/ hella 500s mounted behind, 20% tint, 6K HID retro headlights, 4300k HID fog lights, DTRLs, plastidipped front valence, cb mount
    Just a heads up, just about everyone is gonna bash you on the spacer lift. If you can afford it, go with a coil/shock combo for your lift.

3. Feb 2, 2013 at 2:39 PM
    williamsdouglas73

williamsdouglas73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    doug williams
    redding
    Vehicle:
    97 tacoma dlx 4x4
    Bilstien adjustable 5100's up front, Trail-gear stinger bumper, custom fab stop sign skid plate, removed mud flaps
    go with the billys and eibach set up for the front, butter ride and proformance

4. Feb 2, 2013 at 3:35 PM
    david2011sr5

david2011sr5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    take a guess
    MA/VT
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 4x4
    afe pro dry, weather tech floor liners,5100's on all four corners@ 0, eibach 620 coils. toytec 3/4" spacer driver/s & passenger/s, rear spring tsb w/toytec 1" blocks, 4runner sport wheels, in channel vent visors, 1.25 spidertrax wheel spacers on the front, Wet Okole's, smity tow hook.
    To answere your question get the 5100's.

You may consider buying front and rear 5100's, they can be ajusted to provide up to 2.5" of lift. lots of members on here are running them, myself included. They hadle great on and offroad and if you want more lift or better handling you can add a set of Eibach or OME coils and call it good.

Talk to DSM they can hook you up with a good deal on 5100's + they offer free shipping.

Products Discussed in

To Top