Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New(ish) Taco owner from the Santa Barbara area...

Old 02-04-2013, 01:00 AM   #1
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
New(ish) Taco owner from the Santa Barbara area...

Hi TW,

I realized I never got around to introducing myself on here. I've been lurking on here for a while and finally got around to making an account a couple months ago.

I spend most of my free time in the backcounty climbing / backpacking / hiking / fly fishing / etc, so a 4x4 truck is pretty useful. I don't really "go wheeling." But that may change...

My last car was a subaru, which I bought new and liked quite a lot. But the lack of clearance and inability to sleep two in the back was a limiting factor for what I use a vehicle for. At the time, it made sense based on a number of reasons I don't really need to get it to. But the moral of the story is against all better judgement I sold my 2010 subie with 18k miles to buy a 10 year old truck with 95k miles. And I couldn't be happier.

Quite honestly I don't think I have the balls of some of the people on here, and don't really ever plan to build a rock-crawler. I never thought I'd ever even want a lift, until I started poking around this site. But now it's got me thinking....

Anywho, this is my (new to me) truck:

I bought it about two months ago now, from a local guy off craigslist. Took me about 3 months to find the right one.

2003 xtra Cab 4x4 5 speed TRD

Future mods include trying to find a camper shell on craigslist, satoshi with HID 500's behind the grill, wet okole seat covers and weathertech floor mats. We'll see how my funds are doing about a possible small lift in the future (1-2" probably - for 32's). But I probably won't, given that this truck is my DD now and I've got a 30min freeway commute each direction. I know I know this is not bad compared to many, but I was used to riding my bike 15 minutes in the Bay.

Anywho... I appreciate TW and all the knowledge on this board. It helped me get through my first oil change (ever), and with the help of some friends do all the 90k maintenance stuff. Plus give me way too many ideas about how to mod this truck. My bank account doesn't like those ideas though.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Welcome aboard!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #3
270wsm is just really nice270wsm is just really nice270wsm is just really nice270wsm is just really nice270wsm is just really nice

Marines:
270wsm's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
Old 02-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #4
JakeyWakey will become famous soon enough
Air Force: 121st SFS
Name: Jake
JakeyWakey's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!

For 10 years old, that truck looks really nice.