Notices

Don't own one yet, but in the process

Old 02-06-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
SgtImaPepper is on a distinguished road

Air Force: E & E
Name: TMI
SgtImaPepper's Tacoma Gallery
Don't own one yet, but in the process

Hey Tacoma owners! I myself do not own one yet but I am in the process of buying one. I am looking for any pointers that anyone might have in reference to purchasing a 2008 Double cab/short bed, base model,4 cylinder, 4x4, running boards and hood protector, silver steak mica. I have been asking around in my local area but APPARENTLY the dealers (3 of them) dont have the truck I am looking for. I refuse to pay over $25,000 (including all taxes). I am curious as to what "extra" fees these dealers will try and tac on to the end of the price.

Anyways, any pointers would be appreciated. I have been doing a lot of research on this truck and I wanna get a few more inputs before I start focusing in any one direction. Thanks.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:52 PM   #2
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
The last Tacoma I bought was an 02, so I can't help you much there. Good luck with your purchase and welcome to TW.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:55 PM   #3
gonzo6up has a spectacular aura aboutgonzo6up has a spectacular aura about

gonzo6up's Tacoma Gallery
When i bought my 09 they told me the final price and payment but when i went to the finance office to seal the deal that's when they wanted to add the interior/exterior protection plan and gap ins and additional warranty's. Don't get me wrong the protection plan is great because if i spill something on my seats it just beads up and wipes off but get them to figure that in before you buy so you know what the OTD cost is.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:56 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to Tacoma World.
I dont think they make a 4 cylinder Double cab.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:04 PM   #5

Thanks.

Thanks for the pointers so far. That was quick. Anyways I was reading on the Toyota website that it did come with a 4 cylinder engine. I might have read it wrong though. But I did find out that 6 speed MT is standard for it on the website.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:39 PM   #7
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Welcome to Tacoma World.
I dont think they make a 4 cylinder Double cab.
I believe that the V6 is the only motor option on the double cabs
Old 02-06-2009, 03:39 PM   #8

Hi.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:07 PM   #9

The Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD Short Bed (Auto) last had a manufacturer update on 07/14/2008. Carried over from last year, the 2008 Toyota Tacoma is available in three bodystyles and four trims--Base and PRERUNNER Regular Cab, Access Cab and Double Cab, and X-Runner Access Cab. No changes were made to the model line-up for the new model year except for a small increase in the pricing. The models last redesign was in 2005. All 4-cylinder models feature the 2.7L 159hp engine, with the 4.0L V6 producing 235hp. Safety features on the Tacoma include ABS brakes, tire pressure monitor, head curtain airbags and stability control. Options on the top-of-the-line Double Cab 4WD V6 include a Protection Package, Extra Mile Package (with features such as stainless steel exhaust, running boards and floor mats), and a headrest entertainment system. The Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD Short Bed (Auto) was last redesigned in 2005; no information is currently available on upcoming changes.

This is where I get confused.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #10
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Welcome to TW!
Old 12-30-2010, 11:41 AM   #11

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Welcome to T dubya

LOL. I just gotta say that is the most demented Sponge Bob I have ever seen to this day. LOL
Old 12-30-2010, 11:48 AM   #12
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtImaPepper View Post
LOL. I just gotta say that is the most demented Sponge Bob I have ever seen to this day. LOL

Are you back from the dead?
Old 12-31-2010, 12:42 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark C. View Post
Are you back from the dead?
LOL. Funny. It wasnt that long ago I was on here. I had to bitch about the aux port on my 2009 going out and I had to get in there and solder it. Damn thing isn't working again. It worked for a bit but now I think I am just going to invest in a whole new deck and install it. Anyways, how have u been?