Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

06 Taco Broken Leaf spring Lift questions???

Old 02-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
innkogneeto is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
innkogneeto's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation 06 Taco Broken Leaf spring Lift questions???

I just discovered that my truck has a broken leaf spring. I want put in an OME lift kit" Do I have to replace the stock leafs before I can do the lift? I knoe there is an "add a leaf" but Im just unsure if it has to be "added" to the stock set up. Any help would be great.

thanks
Old 02-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
Deer dogger
Robbiethekidmusic is on a distinguished road
Name: Robbo
Robbiethekidmusic's Tacoma Gallery
You can do a lift that would replace the entire leaf spring pack. Most lifts are going to have a block or an add a leaf or both which in that situation your going to need to replace the broken springs you currently have with another stock set of springs. Hope this helps
Old 02-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #3
innkogneeto is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
innkogneeto's Tacoma Gallery
I think Im gonna do the OME with the Dakar leaf pack $$$ but then I dont have to worry about it. toy dealer want s 520 a side for the new improved rear leaf packs plus labor. I told them to pound sand!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #4
Faryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mic
Faryota's Tacoma Gallery
I had a local company "Benz Springs" of Portland Oregon build new springs for me. it really worked well...set the height where I wanted it and the load rated where I wanted it also! Price was great. they re-build/build for big trucks/semis and such. Worked for me!