Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
vscaabad is on a distinguished road
Navy: Master Chief Corpsman
Name: Tony
vscaabad's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Tail Gate Thief Proofing a Tacoma

Hello Tacoma World:

I'm a newbie in the Tacoma world. This is the 1st Tacoma (truck) I ever owned in my lifetime. I've owned many cars and SUV's but never a truck before. It feels great to own a Tacoma, you can see everything below you when driving.

I just have one question. How do you thief proof the tail gate of the Tacoma?

Respectfully,

Tony - a 30-yr Navy Veteran
Old 02-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! And thank you for your severice!!

This is a good thread and shows a cheap, and very effective method to stop your tailgate from walking off in the wrong hands

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...w-prevent.html
Old 02-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #3
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...w-prevent.html

Edit: too late, welcome to TW though

Post up some pics.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #4
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to tacoma world. There are a few ways. A lot of us get the Pop & lock 5300 handle.

http://www.amazon.com/Pop-Lock-PL530.../dp/B001HK5LWE
Old 02-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #5
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
When I did the hose clamp mod, I wrapped it in heatshrink first.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #6
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
My wife custom theft proofed mine by backing in some wall mounted cabinets in the garage (3x).
Old 09-04-2014, 10:03 PM   #7
LarryinMpls is on a distinguished road
Army: SP5-E5
Name: Larry
LarryinMpls's Tacoma Gallery
Tailgate theft

hey Tony; TacomaWorld is great & yes, I'm a FNG as well. Welcome - TW is extremely informative: "bullaculla" has a good design with the hose clamp thing; I got mine at AutoZone, $3.00 and has a "key" that is removeable ( a little more security ) I did an Army thing in the Viet Nam era. if there is one thing alone about a Tacoma ( owned 3 ) .. they will get you there, and they'll get you back / Guaranteed
Old 09-04-2014, 11:15 PM   #8
Orangeneck
itaro has much to be proud ofitaro has much to be proud ofitaro has much to be proud ofitaro has much to be proud ofitaro has much to be proud ofitaro has much to be proud ofitaro has much to be proud ofitaro has much to be proud ofitaro has much to be proud ofitaro has much to be proud of

itaro's Tacoma Gallery
I got a gatekeeper a while back with my first Tacoma

http://www.jimmijammer.com/Product,%20GK.htm

If you're worried, combine the suggestions here. Get a pop n lock, do the hose clamp mod, get a reinforced tailgate cap http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...kb-voodoo.html so it's difficult to pry the top back to bypass a pop n lock, etch your VIN# on the tailgate, get a locking shell/lid, booby trap it with dye packs or something meaner, hire an armed guard.

ok, maybe not the guard, they don't work cheap
Old 09-04-2014, 11:19 PM   #9
mcdee is a jewel in the roughmcdee is a jewel in the roughmcdee is a jewel in the rough
Name: mike
mcdee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by itaro View Post
I got a gatekeeper a while back with my first Tacoma

http://www.jimmijammer.com/Product,%20GK.htm

If you're worried, combine the suggestions here. Get a pop n lock, do the hose clamp mod, get a reinforced tailgate cap http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...kb-voodoo.html so it's difficult to pry the top back to bypass a pop n lock, etch your VIN# on the tailgate, get a locking shell/lid, booby trap it with dye packs or something meaner, hire an armed guard.

ok, maybe not the guard, they don't work cheap
X2 with the gatekeeper, every little bit helps-welcome to TW

Products Discussed in this Thread