Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New Tacoma owner from Bay Area

Old 02-22-2013, 09:30 AM   #1
VazBro is on a distinguished road

VazBro's Tacoma Gallery
Talking New Tacoma owner from Bay Area

Hi everybody,
I just bought a 2013 Tacoma double cab 4x4. I usually drive a BMW car but I always wanted a good pic up truck that I can do anything with it and my research and experience with cars pointed me toward Tacoma. I think it is the best mid size truck that money can buy! I wanted to buy a used one but due to the lack of the availability of a used one for a reasonable price, I ended up getting a new one.

I have to say that I am very impressed with the wealth of the information in this website and I am looking forward to participate and contribute as much as I can to this forum.

And now the short list of my mods. What, did you think I will leave it stock?

1- I had to get rid of those skinny tires so I just installed XD wheels and Firestone Destination A/T tires 275/70/17. IMO these tires are wide enough to look good on the truck until the suspension is installed. I had to trim the wheel lining and some of the side skirt but that's about it. The tire still rubs a little in turns when flexing but that should go away after the lift. It looks way better now!!

2- After much research, I decided on getting the ARB OMETAC05LK suspension.
I am not planning to do too much wheeling so I think this suspension should be fine (at least for now! )
The suspension is on it's way and I will install it myself ASAP. I need to buy the strut mounts so I can assemble the front struts in advance to save time and hassle.

3- I want to install LS460 bi-xenon projectors as I really want to see much better than the stock halogen headlights. Anybody against this? I was told the LS460 bi-xenon projectors are the best and it will fit in the Tacoma headlights.
Too bad I can't find aftermarket headlights for 2013 Tacoma. I really didn't want to mutilate the OEM headlights if you know what I mean!

Old 02-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #2
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery
welcome! that is a great looking truck.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #4
virtualguthrie is on a distinguished road
virtualguthrie's Tacoma Gallery
Howdy neighbor. New Tacoma owner myself (2010 PreRunner V6). Welcome to the forums from another new member.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #5
Jbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joshua
Jbcm12's Tacoma Gallery
Bay Area! Welcome to TW
Old 02-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #6
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
welcome
Old 02-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #7
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! Nice looking truck!
Old 02-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #8

VazBro's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the warm welcome folks!
Old 02-23-2013, 09:51 AM   #9
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from the east bay dude! Nice truck! BTW there are TW folks all over the Bay Area, if' yer so inclined, we have a pretty big meet and greet going on March 8th. It's an awesome way to meet a whole bunch of us, see our modded trucks up close and ask questions. We love yappin about our trucks so Q's are welcome. That thread is here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...march-8th.html

And the local Norcal thread is our BS thread, usually ideas for meets, mod days and wheeling trips get their start in this thread.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...bs-thread.html
Old 02-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #11

VazBro's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks acdronin
I just subscribed. I look forward to meet TW guys in the meets and see the mods.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #12

VazBro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 X-Runner View Post
Nice truck.. Welcome to TW.
Thanks!
Old 02-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #13
Brad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brad
Brad Lord's Tacoma Gallery
WELCOME and CONGRATS.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:36 PM   #14

VazBro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Lord View Post
WELCOME and CONGRATS.
Thanks a lot! :-)
Old 02-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #16
Aerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to behold
Coast Guard: Flight Mech
Name: Andre
Aerial Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking taco... Check these out for your headlights, the 2012/13 headlights look amazing with these installed! Getting at set for my 2010 as soon as I get the funds.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...down-time.html
Old 02-25-2013, 05:32 AM   #17
JimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud of
Name: Jim
JimBCa's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard. Too bad did not see this earlier, would have suggested you swing by San Mateo to the expo this last weekend. Wheels look very nice
Old 02-25-2013, 07:50 AM   #18
Faryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mic
Faryota's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Washington State!
Old 03-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #19

VazBro's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks again guys. I really appreciate the warm welcome.
Here is what my Taco looks like. Unfortunately, I have a hard time with doing things over time. I just have to get done with it.

Things left to do
- Body color rear bumper (already have a Tacoma sport rear bumper. It is just waiting to get painted)
- Hard rolling or folding tonneau cover (still undecided on the brand)
- Rock slider
- Tailgate lock
- LSD (maybe)
- Beefy front and rear sway bars for better handling
- TRD grill badge
- A good looking front light bar or grill guard (maybe)
- FX-R/BHLM headlight. (already have the parts from TRS. I will tackle this job just as soon as I get the chance)
- Getting rid of the Taco lean (drives me nuts!!)

I am sure I am missing something.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #20

VazBro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBCa View Post
Welcome aboard. Too bad did not see this earlier, would have suggested you swing by San Mateo to the expo this last weekend. Wheels look very nice
Thanks . I wish I knew about it. I actually work behind the expo center. I could get there in a jiffy!