1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fingers crossed...almost a Tacoma® owner!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by gotwood4sale, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Mar 1, 2013 at 8:28 AM
    gotwood4sale

gotwood4sale [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    C(r)ook Co., IL
    Vehicle:
    Don't know yet.
    Cracked windshield, custom waste bag hung on back of passenger seat (plastic Kroger® shopping bag), St. Peter's pits (hail damage).

I'm a new member this morning and have my eye on an '03 PreRunner 2WD ExCab Stepside. It's a great looking truck. I'll be using it in a new business I'm starting up. I'll let everyone know in a week or two if I landed it.

2. Mar 1, 2013 at 9:22 AM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome to TW and good luck on your purchase! :)

3. Mar 1, 2013 at 4:23 PM
    gotwood4sale

gotwood4sale [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    C(r)ook Co., IL
    Vehicle:
    Don't know yet.
    Cracked windshield, custom waste bag hung on back of passenger seat (plastic Kroger® shopping bag), St. Peter's pits (hail damage).

Thanks for the welcome. This site is going to be very helpful to me after my purchase...fingers still crossed!

4. Mar 1, 2013 at 4:29 PM
    tacomalimited

tacomalimited Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2018 tacoma limited double cab Short bed 4x4.
    good luck!

5. Mar 2, 2013 at 5:56 AM
    gotwood4sale

gotwood4sale [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    C(r)ook Co., IL
    Vehicle:
    Don't know yet.

My luck's OK...it's bucks I need!

6. Mar 6, 2013 at 9:34 AM
    gotwood4sale

gotwood4sale [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    C(r)ook Co., IL
    Vehicle:
    Don't know yet.

Lost the truck...it sold before I could get down to Kentucky. The snow resulted in cancelled softball games so we didn't travel last weekend. I was set to buy, but had to see the truck first. That sweet lil' stepside found a nice owner, the problem is it wasn't me!

I've got my eye now on an '03 PreRunner Double Cab. Question about that rig...after shoveling 10" of snow last night here in the Chicago area can I expect the PreRunner equipped with an E-Lock rearend to get around well enough? Should I scour around for a 4X4? We're looking to move to Kentucky in a year or two where snowy roads become less of an issue. I'm not an 'off-roader'. Any advice?

Also I'm not sure if this is the proper spot to ask this question, but here goes...
    Which insurance company offers reasonable rates on Toyota ® Tacomas?
    I'm negotiating to purchase my first Toyota® Tacoma and I checked with my Illinois Farmers Insurance® agent for a rate[​IMG] and it was very high ($800 for a 6 month full coverage policy, $630 for a 6 month liability only policy). This is a full 50% higher than the coverage I have on an old Chrysler® sedan[​IMG]. I've known this agent for over 25 years. She suggested I shop around since it appears Farmers® does not want to insure[​IMG] Tacomas®. Any suggestions?

Products Discussed in

To Top