Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New Michigan member here

Old 03-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #1
350x ing it x2 is on a distinguished road
350x ing it x2's Tacoma Gallery
New Michigan member here

Stumbled upon a thread on Tundra Talk that brought me here!

A Tacoma was my first choice, but...

- Justin

Old 03-09-2013, 09:24 AM   #2
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
...but you have a tundy?

Welcome to TW!
Old 03-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
...but you have a tundy?

Welcome to TW!
Yes.

Thanks!

2012 Crew Max "Rock Warrior."

Did I do the "introduction" thing right?

Attached Thumbnails
New Michigan member here-2012-toyota-tundra-crew-max-22rock-warrior-22-.jpg  
Old 03-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #4
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350x ing it x2 View Post
Yes.

Thanks!

2012 Crew Max "Rock Warrior."

Did I do the "introduction" thing right?

lol, yeah

I saw one of those the other day, what's the difference with the Rock Warrior edition?
Old 03-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #5
Thumbs up

Quote:
lol, yeah

I saw one of those the other day, what's the difference with the Rock Warrior edition?
Shocks, skid plate, tires, wheels, no chrome, suspension components are beefier - I guess) etc.

It was a Wet Okole seat covers group buy that brought me here.

I've wanted those seat covers since I was a teenager (now 40).

Old 03-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #6
Mwaddi92 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
Mwaddi92's Tacoma Gallery
Haha you an me both are on TT and TW
Old 03-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwaddi92 View Post
Haha you an me both are on TT and TW
Off_Axis on TT

Old 03-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #8
Mwaddi92 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
Mwaddi92's Tacoma Gallery
Mwaddi92 on TT, literally the same, tryin to trade mytundy for taco thats why im on here
Old 03-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #9
Banned
Quote:
Shocks, skid plate, tires, wheels, no chrome, etc.

It was a Wet Okole seat covers group buy that brought me here.

I've wanted those seat covers since I was a teenager (now 40).

Yeah I was checking one out up close, it had those blue and yellow bilsteins that our trucks came with. Many guys here swap those out for bilstein 5100's much better shocks for the money. My shocks basically died at about 50K and I was really impressed with how much better my truck rode with the 5100's. Food for thought
Old 03-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #10
Quote:
Yeah I was checking one out up close, it had those blue and yellow bilsteins that our trucks came with. Many guys here swap those out for bilstein 5100's much better shocks for the money. My shocks basically died at about 50K and I was really impressed with how much better my truck rode with the 5100's. Food for thought
Great!

I appreciate that.

I've been looking at different coil overs.
SAW, Camburg, etc.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #11
Banned
Quote:
Great!

I appreciate that.

I've been looking at different coil overs.
SAW, Camburg, etc.
I don't know if these are made for tundys but Eibach springs are pretty popular here too. I think they are sold by ToyTech (on the vendor list of this site), at least for the Tacomas, the 5100/Eibach combo is hugely popular for some lift without sacrificing ride. Camburg has a pretty good rep here too, haven't looked lately but they've done some pretty interesting project trucks.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #12
Quote:
I don't know if these are made for tundys but Eibach springs are pretty popular here too. I think they are sold by ToyTech (on the vendor list of this site), at least for the Tacomas, the 5100/Eibach combo is hugely popular for some lift without sacrificing ride. Camburg has a pretty good rep here too, haven't looked lately but they've done some pretty interesting project trucks.
I don't want to talk bad about anyone, but...

I've sent 3 emails to Toytec and have gotten no response.

They responded once (initially), but not since.

Grrr!

It was an email pertaining to a suspension upgrade...

Old 03-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #13
Banned
Quote:
I don't want to talk bad about anyone, but...

I've sent 3 emails to Toytec and have gotten no response.

They responded once (initially), but not since.

Grrr!

It was an email pertaining to a suspension upgrade...

Hmmm, interesting, I haven't heard of that kind of issue with ToyTech. Actually it's good that you post that concern. It's one of the things that makes this site so awesome is that members post their experiences with vendors. The vendors here become vendors based on large part due to their customer service as well as the quality of their products. I have seen threads posted complaining about vendors but it's a double-edged sword because there are two sides to every story. If I see a thread complaining about a vendor and that vendor doesn't know about it I will usually email the vendor myself to give them the opportunity to respond and help solve the issue. If it persists, please let us know ok?
Old 03-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #14
Will do!

Camburg responded with great information (likely my suspension upgrade choice).

I've made calls to Wheeler's Off Road and Sparks Toyota and had great customer service with both of them.

I've learned so much from these forums.

i.e. 5.7 Flex Fuel cold start issue, installing information buttons, "nannies," activating a factory installed alarm, people's suspension upgrade choices spacers lifts are bad for off roading, etc.!

Just since January!!

P.S. First time Toyota owner.
Have had 7 new GM trucks since I was 15 (now 40), I have hauled GM trucks for 14 1/2 years (local car hauling truck driver out of Flint, MI.) and NOW...

I drive a Toyota!!

Old 03-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #15
Banned
Quote:
Will do!

Camburg responded with great information (likely my suspension upgrade choice).

I've made calls to Wheeler's Off Road and Sparks Toyota and had great customer service with both of them.

I've learned so much from these forums.

i.e. 5.7 Flex Fuel cold start issue, installing information buttons, "nannies," activating a factory installed alarm, people's suspension upgrade choices, spacers lifts are bad for off roading, etc.!

Just since January!!

P.S. First time Toyota owner.
Have had 7 new GM trucks since I was 15 (now 40), I have hauled GM trucks for 14 1/2 years (local car hauling truck driver out of Flint, MI.) and NOW...
I drive a Toyota!!

I've purchased products from Wheeler's Off Road and loved the customer service, I recommend them for sure. Have not dealt directly with Camburg as far as purchasing anything yet but they are one of the vendors I have in mind for a much larger project for my Tacoma
Old 03-09-2013, 12:24 PM   #16
Tenderfoot
joyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ken
joyotaco's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome fellow Michigander! Nice truck!
Old 03-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyotaco View Post
Welcome fellow Michigander! Nice truck!
Thanks!

Old 03-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #18