Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Hello from central Oregon

Old 03-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #1
ORTaco09 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
ORTaco09's Tacoma Gallery
Hello from central Oregon

Just got me a sweet 09 Taco SR5, 5 speed, 4wd. Been wanting one for a long time but truth be told these things keep their value so prices are always high.

Anyway, guess this is my first "Taco", previous being a 89 Toyo Pickup with the 22RE. Sold it like an idiot a few years ago.

Quick question: it came with a aftermarket bumper. Looked all over the web for days, but can't recognize it.

Attached is a pic. Thanks for any input.

ORTaco
Attached Thumbnails
Hello from central Oregon-img_2556.jpg   Hello from central Oregon-img_2557.jpg   Hello from central Oregon-img_2560.jpg  
Old 03-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Beaverton!! Hmm..that may be Tims bumper from elite fab?
Old 03-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #3
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like an elite bumper to me, check out this link:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/eli...te-bumper.html
Old 03-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
Fisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Salem!
Old 03-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #5
Marines:
Ok. Thank you. Not sure if this helps specify but behind the front license place is a receiver hitch into which the plate holder slides.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #6
Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTacoma02 View Post
Welcome from Beaverton!! Hmm..that may be Tims bumper from elite fab?
Found his website. It sure does look like one of his. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #7
jammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant future

Name: James
jammdogg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to jammdogg
Welcome from Hillsboro. Look for the OR/WA BS thread.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #8
Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammdogg View Post
Welcome from Hillsboro. Look for the OR/WA BS thread.
Will do. What does "BS" stand for? or is it what I think?
Old 03-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #9
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Baby slayer
Old 03-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #10
Fisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Baby slayer
Lololol. This made me day.

And ORtaco, it does stand for what you think.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #11
Deathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Deathproofduck's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from the Rouge Valley.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #12
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome man!
And yes that's a bumper I built custom for a guy down in klamath falls. I saw the truck at the dealership last time I was down there.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #13
Me Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stan
Me Likey TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from over in Baker City.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #14
Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timicha View Post
Welcome man!
And yes that's a bumper I built custom for a guy down in klamath falls. I saw the truck at the dealership last time I was down there.
As a testament to the build quality of your bumpers, I have to say these things are built like tanks. I took the bumper to a body shop to have the headlight guards cut off. They look nice but it ain't me. Anyway it took the body shop over 3 hours to cut and grind them off. Lol. Their exact words were "He wasn't f-ing around when he built this bumper." LOL!!!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORTaco09 View Post
As a testament to the build quality of your bumpers, I have to say these things are built like tanks. I took the bumper to a body shop to have the headlight guards cut off. They look nice but it ain't me. Anyway it took the body shop over 3 hours to cut and grind them off. Lol. Their exact words were "He wasn't f-ing around when he built this bumper." LOL!!!!!
Lol I would imagine so! Things look beefy. Any plans for other mods?
Old 03-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #16
Out of my mind....be back later.
RedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT 262d CCS WANG
Name: Dale
RedTacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Portland,
Old 03-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #17
Marines:
Quote:
Lol I would imagine so! Things look beefy. Any plans for other mods?
Looking at a leveling kit for the front. For sure want a canopy.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORTaco09 View Post
Looking at a leveling kit for the front. For sure want a canopy.
x2 on a canopy. I wouldn't mind having one but they're so expensive. I just got a cheap, compact, midsize kobalt toolbox instead..ones you can find at lowes.

I assume you get a good amount of snow down there? How are those tires?
Old 03-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #19
Marines:
Quote:
x2 on a canopy. I wouldn't mind having one but they're so expensive. I just got a cheap, compact, midsize kobalt toolbox instead..ones you can find at lowes.

I assume you get a good amount of snow down there? How are those tires?
We do get snow. Though this year was disappointing. I love the tires. 50k tire that does good off road. They aren't mudd terrains by any means, but if you spend 90% of your time on the hwy and 10% in the woods like I do, then these tires will serve you good. Wish I could spend more time in the woods, but got this disease called work. Lol
Old 03-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #20
LTCal is on a distinguished road
Army: ACO 3-116 CAB 1PT PL
Name: Cal
LTCal's Tacoma Gallery
Hey there from eastern oregon!