1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I LOVE my TACO; and THANK YOU!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by RockyRook, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Mar 18, 2013 at 6:45 AM
    RockyRook

RockyRook [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rocky
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner
    I felt the need to document the story behind me buying a Tacoma ... this is as good a place as any.

Going way back to 1985, when I was a kid, I fell in love (probably like most other kids) with that black Toyota truck that Marty McFly finally got in Back to the Future. That dream was finally fulfilled on 3-16-13.

I traded in my ailing 2000 Mitsubishi Galant for a 2012 Tacoma PreRunner. I wanted to keep the Galant going for another 40,000 miles, but it just wasn't going to happen ... it's had some over-heating problems for the past 6 months and just wasn't reliable anymore.

So I began my search and headed for the local Toyota dealership. I test-drove the one I bought ... loved it. Then I came here to TacomaWorld and started reading like crazy. My notions were confirmed: the Tacoma is great; it lasts; it is reliable and people love 'em.

Then I talked to everyone I knew who owns a Toyota ... not a single person said anything negative about their vehicles ... on the contrary - they praised them and loved them.

Next, just to get a reality check - I test drove the Nissan Frontier. I liked it a lot and considered buying it. But then I test-drove the Tacoma again and it just felt right ... it felt like my truck. So I bought it and I am extremely satisfied.

so THANK YOU to all of you for your posts ... it helped me a lot with my purchase. I plan to keep reading and posting here.

2. Mar 18, 2013 at 6:57 AM
    Toyotacrawler

Toyotacrawler She's got the jimmy legs

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Cusseta/Opelika AL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    5100's set to 1.75" Wheelers 3 leaf progressive AAL & 5100's for the rear Konig Countersteer Offroads K&N Drop in WeatherTech's Bed Mat Blacked out Badges Rear leaf TSB
    Awesome! Welcome to TW Rocky!

3. Mar 18, 2013 at 2:29 PM
    Brad Lord

Brad Lord Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canon, Ga.
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    Chrome nerf bars and many more to come.
    Welcome and congrats .

4. Mar 18, 2013 at 2:38 PM
    miniceptor86

miniceptor86 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    McGregor,IA
    Vehicle:
    07 Speedway Blue Prerunner Dbl cab
    TRD sport exhaust and cold air intake, nerf and bull bar, RideRide, ProEFX towing mirrors, BakFlip F1 trifold tonneau
    Hi and welcome from beautiful NE Iowa. I know the feeling, the Tacoma just felt right on the test drive. A friend traded his '08 Tacoma in on an F150 at his wife's insistence, now she's happy but he misses the Tacoma because it just felt good.

Products Discussed in

To Top