Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

From Yuma,az...first truck!

Old 03-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
Siktaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Robert
Siktaco's Tacoma Gallery
From Yuma,az...first truck!

Hello guys my name is Robbie I'm 21 and recently bought my first truck about a week ago! It's a 96 Tacoma 4x4 5 speed. I already like more than any car I've had. I'm used to owning Hondas and the whole honda scene, so the whole truck/Offroad scene is really new to me so any tips or hints would be great! As far as the truck goes it just has a spacer left and wheels, I think eagle alloys? Maybe. I bought a skid plate and some wheel spacers for it.

As for the future I would like to eventually purchase a bolt on long travel kit when I get more used to the truck and offloading because I honestly have no idea what I'm doing when im in the dirt lol. I've been told camburg and total chaos are the top bolt on L/T kits?

this is how the truck sits now

Updated pics: I took spacers off, got some HID hella 4000

Old 03-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #2
JimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud of
Name: Jim
JimBCa's Tacoma Gallery
Well you sure live in a good off road area to go exploring. Lots of info in the forum, I have gained and of course am down some $$ because of all the neat ideas and things that members have used or make.

I also started out with a car, but soon fell in love with trucks and so most of my time has been with both. Just remember when going off road to let someone know your location and timeline.

Your gonna have fun.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #3
Siktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBCa View Post
Well you sure live in a good off road area to go exploring. Lots of info in the forum, I have gained and of course am down some $$ because of all the neat ideas and things that members have used or make.

I also started out with a car, but soon fell in love with trucks and so most of my time has been with both. Just remember when going off road to let someone know your location and timeline.

Your gonna have fun.
Ya there is a lot of fun spots near here! Well ill definitely need to do alot of reading up, I've already realized trucks are way more expensive than Hondas lol.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #4
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on your first rig! Welcome!

Brett
Old 03-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard!
Old 03-26-2013, 01:11 AM   #6
Siktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you!! Just curious, how much do these year trucks go far typically? Mine has 115k and I got it for 5500? It's old but the mileage isn't bad, plus alot of my friends have toyota trucks with 200k+ miles.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:17 AM   #7
Viejon
markmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
markmatters's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! from..wait a min...Yuma!
Old 03-26-2013, 01:43 AM   #9
Morto un papa, se ne fa un'altro
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: EOD TEU1, MU 8, BUD/s 225, MA 9545
Name: Jason
motorsport36's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome AZ brother.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:34 AM   #10
genolfer87 is on a distinguished road
Name: Kyle
genolfer87's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 03-26-2013, 04:51 AM   #11
miniceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cook, 589th Combat Engineers, Ahn Khe, RVN
Name: Jim
miniceptor86's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome. 115K miles for a '96 is indeed low. Sounds like a sweet ride. Have fun.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:33 AM   #12
Siktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmatters View Post
Welcome! from..wait a min...Yuma!
hahaha oh snap! lol. Badass!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #13
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Road trip to el golfo for semana Santa and test that bad boy out!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:38 AM   #14
Siktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YumaTRD View Post
ive never been there! is it fun?
Old 03-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #15
SWAPMEET CRAWLER
SLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: kenny
SLOCOMA's Tacoma Gallery
WELCOME!
Old 03-28-2013, 07:19 AM   #16
Viejon
markmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by YumaTRD View Post
Two ppl died last weekend there, but im down.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #17
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siktaco View Post
ive never been there! is it fun?
Everybody camps by the beach and there's lost of San dune area to off road on. Defenatly worth checking out. It's so close that you can leave Yuma ya 8am, be there by 11 and be heading back in town by sundown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmatters View Post
Two ppl died last weekend there, but im down.
It's a shame but its bound to be accidents. The machoro hill where they do the sand drags on is the most crowded part of the beach. It gets very congested on high tide and them being on a quad is was not the best decision. I tend to avoid the area during these bussy weekends
Old 03-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #18
Viejon

Firefighter:
This weekend is going to be crazy...no rules...drunk people...it was my favorite when i was younger...too dangerous tho...3 nights with no sleep and only alcohol in the system...its fin as hell.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #19
Chewie is my Co-pilot

YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm heading to Yuma tonight then heading over there Friday morning till Saturday afternoon. I used to go as a kid for years, it's been a couple years since I've gone camping there. Been spending more beach trip at rocky point. Ensenada is still my favorite though
Old 03-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #20
Viejon

Firefighter:
Yeah ensenada is our tradition every year...be careful man...semana santa y en golfo...tons of ppl man..i was there last year...im leaving yuma roght now..heading towards san diego for the weekend..have fun and be safe man..