Ok.. First things first... I am a girly girl(that may be "was", now) and never ever thought I wanted to own a truck, much less a 4wd truck. My nice smooth-riding grocery getting Buick is 10 yrs old and having transmission issues and I didn't like driving it through the ghetto to work every day. One day it's gonna leave me stranded between a bullet and my rail yard. After tons of research, I settled on my new-to-me ride: one owner/older man, '99 Tacoma 4WD, V6,TRD package, towing pkg and it came with a handy dandy camper shell.
I uploaded photos to my gallery but stoopid iPads don't like the copy/paste image code function and I can't seem to guess the right linkage to post individual photos in this thread. One day I will get the pc un-hosed so I can use it in forums and stuffs.
Anyway, sorry, I'm a girl..I take a while to get to the point...
Mods I want:
- BIG powered mirrors - need help figuring out what parts to buy. I have power windows and door locks. There is a blank space on the driver door panel for where I think the power mirror controls should be...
- Ride Rites
- New carpet (first owner left a cig burn in the carpet on drivers side)
- New(er) center console. I don't have any square coffee cups.
- different seats or at least shorter head rests. I'm so short the stock head rest are in my line of vision when looking out the rear passenger glass.
Repairs to make:
- Headlamp covers are a little yellowed
- Driver Rear indicator - whole thing lights up when you brake... Missing a divider or something? I haven't pulled it apart yet to look at it. - 05/13 done
- there's a switch by the auxiliary ports...dunno what it does but I'm thinking maybe the light in the camper... Bulb is burned out or the wiring is bad *shrug*
- new K&N air filter (filter only) - 03/23/13 done
Those are my burning mods and repairs. As soon as the snow melts, I'm going to start working on these little projects.