Notices

1st truck ever is a Taco

Old 03-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
I'm a nerd.
Perpetualsharon is on a distinguished road

Name: Sharon
Perpetualsharon's Tacoma Gallery
1st truck ever is a Taco

Ok.. First things first... I am a girly girl(that may be "was", now) and never ever thought I wanted to own a truck, much less a 4wd truck. My nice smooth-riding grocery getting Buick is 10 yrs old and having transmission issues and I didn't like driving it through the ghetto to work every day. One day it's gonna leave me stranded between a bullet and my rail yard. After tons of research, I settled on my new-to-me ride: one owner/older man, '99 Tacoma 4WD, V6,TRD package, towing pkg and it came with a handy dandy camper shell.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s.../ppuser/100679
I uploaded photos to my gallery but stoopid iPads don't like the copy/paste image code function and I can't seem to guess the right linkage to post individual photos in this thread. One day I will get the pc un-hosed so I can use it in forums and stuffs.

Anyway, sorry, I'm a girl..I take a while to get to the point...

Mods I want:
- BIG powered mirrors - need help figuring out what parts to buy. I have power windows and door locks. There is a blank space on the driver door panel for where I think the power mirror controls should be...
- Ride Rites
- New carpet (first owner left a cig burn in the carpet on drivers side)
- New(er) center console. I don't have any square coffee cups.
- different seats or at least shorter head rests. I'm so short the stock head rest are in my line of vision when looking out the rear passenger glass.

Repairs to make:
- Headlamp covers are a little yellowed
- Driver Rear indicator - whole thing lights up when you brake... Missing a divider or something? I haven't pulled it apart yet to look at it. - 05/13 done
- there's a switch by the auxiliary ports...dunno what it does but I'm thinking maybe the light in the camper... Bulb is burned out or the wiring is bad *shrug*
- new K&N air filter (filter only) - 03/23/13 done

Those are my burning mods and repairs. As soon as the snow melts, I'm going to start working on these little projects.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome, Since you are a female you will get plenty of helpful responses. Nice truck btw.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #3
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW
Old 03-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #4
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! Nice Truck!
Old 03-27-2013, 01:36 PM   #5
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!

Not sure about replacing the carpet, but I know some other guy did it on here. Also, my Dad replaced the stock mirrors on my 99' with power ones off of the 00-04 models and took the interior mirror control square out of I believe a Toyota Camry. Finally - I've heard of guys taking all sorts of center consoles (mainly 00-04 Taco) or Jeep.

Good luck
Old 03-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #6
I'm a nerd.
Perpetualsharon is on a distinguished road

Name: Sharon
Perpetualsharon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Welcome, Since you are a female you will get plenty of helpful responses. Nice truck btw.
I'm hoping my girly charms will help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
Welcome to TW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotacrawler View Post
Welcome to TW! Nice Truck!
Thanks for the welcome, guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post
Welcome!

Not sure about replacing the carpet, but I know some other guy did it on here. Also, my Dad replaced the stock mirrors on my 99' with power ones off of the 00-04 models and took the interior mirror control square out of I believe a Toyota Camry. Finally - I've heard of guys taking all sorts of center consoles (mainly 00-04 Taco) or Jeep.

Good luck
I've spent the better part of today, my only day off this week, reading the mod posts on here. I think after reading so much, I'm having trouble digesting all the information and need to pick a project and go with it. As far as the mirrors go, I think I can find the parts ok... It's the wiring that has me a little chicken. I don't want a fried taco in my first two months of ownership.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #7
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from TN! I could not imagine not owning a truck! I hope one day to have a car and a truck. I use my truck for everything. for towing to fishing and hunting to traveling, to making some money mowing a small place.

Also i’m 5’8” and i took the middle head rest out on my back seat and put it behind the back seats, It helped me see out better. I don’t know if the 1st gens have storage behind the back seats or not. but you could just put them in the floor or in the bed since you have the camper shell and just put them back in if you have someone ride in the back seats.

Products Discussed in this Thread