Notices

Ready for some upgrades

Old 03-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
hughesjrm is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Michael
hughesjrm's Tacoma Gallery
Ready for some upgrades

So for the last couple of months I have been search this site to get ideas for possible mods/upgrades that I want to do to my 03' Tacoma. I have owned several Toyota trucks for the last twenty years and have never put much into them. Usually I just lift them up and put some 285s or 305s on them and call it done. However now I want to do a little more.

Anyways just wanted to say hello, and don't be surprised if you see me asking questions that have already been asked several times over. I will do my best to search, but as you all know we could spend hours on here researching and reading.

3-27-2013 let the fun begin
Ready for some upgrades-imag0369-1-.jpg
Old 03-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #3
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: PO2
Name: Steven
TacoSkeet's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW

Awesome looking truck already man!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #4
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Blacked out DC. Looking good.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #5
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome, looks like your off to a great start.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:03 PM   #6
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW
Old 04-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #7

Air Force:
Well looks like my build is going to take shape a little sooner than I anticipated. this is what i woke up to Tuesday morning:

I've got to say this is not the prettiest sight to wake up to in the morning before work.

Total Damage:
All exterior panels keyed
All four tires slashed
Stereo Stolen
Center A/C panel destroyed
Headliner cut to shreds
All four seats cut up
All four window tint scratched
All for door panels cut up
Attached Thumbnails
Ready for some upgrades-imag0371.jpg   Ready for some upgrades-imag0372.jpg   Ready for some upgrades-imag0373.jpg  
Old 04-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #8

Air Force:
The police think my truck got mistaken for a teenagers truck that looks similar in town. You figure when they broke in and saw baby wipes they would of stopped.
Well after an hour with the police I called my insurance company. you got to hand it to that green lizard, he is outstanding. Within an hour my truck was towed to a preferred body shop, the adjuster was there to meet me, and my rental car was ready waiting for me. Unfortunately, the amount of damage that was done by those little bastards he wanted to total my truck. Thankfully i was able to talk him out of it. He cut me a check for all of the damage, minus the tires.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #9

Air Force:
Now its time to get creative with the money I got. obviously the first thing i had to do was get tires. I was able to get a steal on a set of Toyo Open Countries 285/75R16:

Not to bad.
Now I've got to wait a week or so for the truck to be painted. I had to move it from the first body shop because they were extremely expensive and wanted to nickle and dime me. I found a shop in town that does full paint jobs/restores. I was also able to talk them into a spray on bedliner for little charge.
Now its time to figure out how to fix everything else??????
Attached Thumbnails
Ready for some upgrades-imag0377.jpg  
Old 04-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #10
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery

What the hell did you do to someone?

Matt
Old 04-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #11
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
Holy crap they destroyed it. Sorry it must have sucked walking out to that. Any idea who did it. Seems personal cause most asshole thieves just smash and grab they dont take the time to do the keying and slashin of the tires and interior
Old 04-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #12
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Holy shit!
Old 04-13-2013, 03:02 PM   #13

Air Force:
Maybe a few years ago I might have made some enemies, but being 35yrs, spending the last six months away for work and just having a baby didn't leave much time to piss people off.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:02 PM   #14
kbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kbauman92's Tacoma Gallery
WOW i would kill someone who did that to my truck, glad you got if fixed keep the mods coming and welcome to TW
Old 04-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #15

Air Force:
Its not 100% back on the road yet, but when it is i will post some pic.
I was able to budget in some DeMello Offroad front plate bumper, sliders, and rear bumper. I've got to say thank you to them, they really hooked me up.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #16

Air Force:
I looked into replacing all the seats but that was going to put me at the end of my budget. You wouldn't think junk yards would be so pricey. So i went with the next best thing. Wet Okole seat covers, looks like a lot of members like them on here, and since the seats were only cut, it will cover them up nicely.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:21 AM   #17

Air Force:
So here is how it looks today. I am still waiting for my rear bumper, front plate bumper, and rock sliders.

New Toyo Open Country 285/75/16

New Smoked Headlight and Mesh Grill

New Smoked Brake Lights

Blacked Out Third Brake Light

New Kenwood DDX470

New Wet Okole Seat Covers

Fresh Paint

Old 05-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #18
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Looks good man, glad you see you back up and running. I have those same okoles, they're great!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:56 AM   #19

Air Force:
I know I love them. They look good and are very comfortable. I also had Wet Okole send me some extra material, so I could do my door panel inserts. I was surprised at how easy it was to do. I am thinking about doing my headliner next.

My next project is my suspension upgrade. It seems like most of the members on here run Bilestien, King, ICON, or OME setup. All of them seem to have their pros and cons based on application. I know this might sound silly, but I am leaning towards Bilestien, ICON or King just because of the color. My truck is going to be completely blacked out, and OMEs yellow will just stick out to much IMO.

After that will be headers and exhaust. I'm still trying to decided. it really sucks that there is no way of hearing how they will sound on your truck before you buy them. So far it seems everyone on here perfers Magnaflow to Flowmax. I also hear that Borla are pretty good as well.

I should have my armor from Demello in a week and will post ne pics once installed.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #20
'MERICA

is there a way to just pop those door panels off an recover them? Mine need to be recovered. What was your process?