Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Cap for 2012 Tacoma 4x4 regular cab

Old 04-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
Goober151 is on a distinguished road
Name: Curtis
Goober151's Tacoma Gallery
Cap for 2012 Tacoma 4x4 regular cab

I'm looking for a cab for a 2012 Tacoma 4x4, regular cab. I spent all day on the net yesterday and was able to find everything except for a general idea of a price. I need a simple one. Do these tops require drilling holes in the bed? I need one with windows that don't open on the side and a locking back window in the back. I don't need access to the back from the cab. If anyone has any ideas who or where to call I would greatly appreciate the help. I tried the Leer site and they seemed to have nice looking ones but I've never bought a top before so don't really know what to look for or look out for.

Thanks.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:51 PM   #2
Douchebag, or just douche if we're friends
monkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Signal Corps
monkeyface's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober151 View Post
I'm looking for a cab for a 2012 Tacoma 4x4, regular cab. I spent all day on the net yesterday and was able to find everything except for a general idea of a price. I need a simple one. Do these tops require drilling holes in the bed? I need one with windows that don't open on the side and a locking back window in the back. I don't need access to the back from the cab. If anyone has any ideas who or where to call I would greatly appreciate the help. I tried the Leer site and they seemed to have nice looking ones but I've never bought a top before so don't really know what to look for or look out for.

Thanks.
I believe you'll have to click on the "Find Dealer" and contact your local LEER dealer to get an actual price with options.

Same probably goes for ARE or Snugtop, which are very popular caps. Often your same local guy carries all three brands (and more brands).

You're probably looking at $1200 and up depending on options. Sounds like you don't want a lot of options. I paid $1800 for my LEER 180 which is 5" over cab height with sliding side windoors.

Craigslist often has many used caps for sale.

No drilling required, will mount into the bedrail slots and the dealer will do it included in the price. They have good weathertight seals built into the new caps. If you get a used one you might have find the mounting hardware.

Good luck.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Ferntucky, NV