Notices

Thanks from new member in Chicago

Old 04-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #1
motobbq is on a distinguished road
Name: grace
motobbq's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks from new member in Chicago

Hi,

I bought a 2012 Tacoma access cab about a year ago after selling my 1997 Honda CRV with 180k miles on it. I'm pretty happy with the pickup, and it's been really practical since I seem to haul more stuff (bikes, home improvement stuff, flea market finds, etc.) than people. This forum has been very helpful so far. I've added d-rings to the bed (purchased from an army surplus source mentioned here), and used carabiner clips to secure an anti-fatigue mat. The mat keeps the sandbags I use in the winter from sliding around. Nice and tidy, I'll probably leave it in year-round.

After a lot of research, I decided on an Extang solid fold and just installed it yesterday. Security is a big concern in Chicago. I have a manual keyed Pop 'n' Lock on order.

I still have to do a few more things to the truck, including add trailer hitch and a dog platform. Again, this forum has been a big help, and I'll be building something very similar to this:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...pate-pics.html

Thanks for the great resource! I hope I can contribute.

Grace
Old 04-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #2
DirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: USN Retired
Name: Terry
DirtEater's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome. Nice truck you have there. Good idea on the mat with carabiners.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #3
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 07:15 AM   #4
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! Be sure to check out the Chicagoland members thread under the midwest section for upcoming events!