Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

'04 Tacoma Possible Frame Rust.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
mandersen2121 is on a distinguished road
Army: Vietnam
mandersen2121's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy '04 Tacoma Possible Frame Rust.

Bought my '04 Tacoma from independent dealer with 69,00 miles in what I thought was "mint" condition. Saw no rust in my "glancing" inspection, nor was anything mentioned at the time. I am the second owner. Do still have options with any Toyota dealer to inspect and act if the frame inded does have rust?
Old 04-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #2
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandersen2121 View Post
Bought my '04 Tacoma from independent dealer with 69,00 miles in what I thought was "mint" condition. Saw no rust in my "glancing" inspection, nor was anything mentioned at the time. I am the second owner. Do still have options with any Toyota dealer to inspect and act if the frame inded does have rust?

Welcome to TW!

I would suggest posting your question with pics in the first gen section.

Also, your truck probably has some rust, but unless you see holes or something, you need to just ignore it or treat with rust reformer or some other treatment. My truck is a few months old and I live in CA, but I have already spot treated a couple rust spots on the drive shaft as a preventative measure. Where there is steel....
Old 04-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #3
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Ferntucky, NV