Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

My 1st post.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:19 AM   #1
TDoug is on a distinguished road
TDoug's Tacoma Gallery
Post My 1st post.

New member from CA. Stoked on my new Tacoma. Stoked to be a member on this epic website! Looking forward to the knowledge to be learned and ways to help improve my vehicle. I would like to with gas mileage. Was thinking a cold air intake..?
Old 04-09-2013, 01:27 AM   #2
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome TDoug! U know we are going to ask so lets see some pics or the Taco!!! and as far as MPGs, CAI's seem to be hit and miss on whether they improve gas mileage or not. Some report a very little gain in MPG's, some say no gain at all. I personally lost some on gas mileage, but that's because between getting that and my exhaust, I can't seem to lay off the pedal. . Never honestly measured before and after though. Kind of wish I did.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:31 AM   #3
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Im not sure how much of an increase youll see from a TCAI but if you want to keep up with your current MPG just keep maintenance up religiously, Maybe use a can of BG44K every so often.

If you want to know some good TCAI look at Volant Air intake and also the vendor on here called URD makes a Cold Air Intake but it works best with a calibrator.

And of course, Welcome to TacomaWorld.com man

Get a Scangauge or ultragauge and monitor your engine as best as possible as well for best MPG dont floor it... Just common stuff.

Il let some other more experienced members chime in before putting a for sure on my post lol
Old 04-09-2013, 01:34 AM   #4
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

There's another thread on the main page about increasing MPGs also. I saw the option of getting lighter tires (245 instead of 265).
Old 04-09-2013, 01:36 AM   #5
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I can tell you a bunch of ways to Decrease that fuel milage!?
LIFT!
BIGGER TIRES!
ARMOR!
SPARE TIRE RACK!
SUPERCHARGER!
Old 04-09-2013, 01:36 AM   #6
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
What mpg are you seeing now? and welcome!

And as for a s/c, I have read if you stay out of boost, you may see better mpg, but what the fun in that. Best mpg mod if a responsible foot.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
What mpg are you seeing now? and welcome!

And as for a s/c, I have read if you stay out of boost, you may see better mpg, but wheres the fun in that. Best mpg mod is a responsible foot.
FIFY
Old 04-09-2013, 01:41 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
I can tell you a bunch of ways to Decrease that fuel milage!?
LIFT!
BIGGER TIRES!
ARMOR!
SPARE TIRE RACK!
SUPERCHARGER!
Is that spare tire rack that much of a MPG killer? I don't see how it would be too bad if you remove the spare from under your bed. Perhaps even if you removed the under the bed tire carrier components if possible? And lift w/o bigger tires shouldn't be too bad. I am running 3" lift with stock size tires, and I haven't noticed a significant decrease. Again, not that I've been measuring. Not trying to bash just conversation
Old 04-09-2013, 01:53 AM   #9

Im just assuming the more weight the less MPG and of course im not meaning mount your stock 265 donut on a rack im talking get some 35s and rock a full size spare! A lift without bigger tires... Thats like a boob job on one boob. hahaha
Old 04-09-2013, 08:08 AM   #10
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #11
DBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
DBWrecks's Tacoma Gallery
Haha
Old 04-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #12
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
Old 04-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #13
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard!
Old 04-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
Im just assuming the more weight the less MPG and of course im not meaning mount your stock 265 donut on a rack im talking get some 35s and rock a full size spare! A lift without bigger tires... Thats like a boob job on one boob. hahaha
i suppose. ive been wanting bigger tires for a long time but just dont have the money yet. i bought my nittos right before i got the lift because i had a bolt in the sidewall of my old tires. so ive been running the stock size nitto terras since i lifted almost a year ago. at least on the first gens (being a little smaller) its not so bad. once i go up to 32's ill really be happy