New guy to the forum. Im considering down sizing from a Ram to a Tacoma. Im 50 and looking to hopefully get something to last until I drop. Figure in another 15/20 years Ill need grampers and will be losing my way home !
I do have a few questions for current owners.
1. What is the REAL gas mileage for the 4 and 6 ?
2. I do have street motorcycles. Is the 4, acc cab, 4x4 capable of pulling a 5x10 flat bed with a Geezer Glide (Gold Wing) on it .. without too much trouble that is ..
3. For the NORTH CAROLINA folks .. which dealer typically has the best deals ?
4. Ive never bought a small truck ... I usually refuse to pay any more than the MSRP .. actually try to work $500 off of that number ... sometimes its worked sometimes not. I know Toyota loves their trucks... is it possible to chew them down some ?
5. Finally, the big question. What are the common issues with these trucks ? EVERY vehicle has those common problems. Rattling this, switch on that sticks .. and example... the 3rd Gen Rams had a problem an actuator that open and closed the vents for the a/c. literally a .50 part. But it cost $1000 bucks to rip the dash out .... these are the things Im looking for. As always the good things are good ..
What Im considering is Access cab, 4cyl, 4x4, SR5. IF, I can find one.
Thanks in advance, I really appreciate any and all input provided.