Notices

New Guy

Old 04-20-2013, 12:49 AM   #1
Baum is on a distinguished road

Army: 3-2 SBCT
Name: Tyler
Baum's Tacoma Gallery
New Guy

Just bought a 2005 Tacoma this past Tuesday for a birthday present to myself. So far I would have to say it has been the best decision EVER! I am in LOVE!
Okay, here is the down low on Mary Sue (that's what I have decided to call her):
6spd
access cab
33" BFGs
and some cool looking rims

I am new to the Toyota world. I have always been a Chevy boy but it is something about the taco that just drew me in. And plus, a taco was a lot cheaper to afford than a duramax.

I am stationed at Ft. Lewis, WA. If any of you are near, lets get up sometime. I am really interested in learning more about the capabilities of my truck, if you know what I mean.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:56 AM   #3
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery
Aloha welcome I am rig namer myself!
Old 04-20-2013, 01:12 AM   #4
T O Y O T A
mlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 4-3 ADA BN Maintenance Control Officer
Name: Michael
mlittle's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from lovely Kuwait!

I used to be with the 56th SBCT. What's your MOS? I wouldn't mind going to Fort Lewis for my next assignment, but I would prefer heading back to the east coast.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:22 AM   #5

Baum's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you all.
Mlittle, I am a 25C (commo guy) and I see your an Orioles fan. I am originally from Delaware. Are you in Ali Al Saleem, Kuwait? I have been through there a couple times.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:17 AM   #6
T O Y O T A
mlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of light

mlittle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baum View Post
Thank you all.
Mlittle, I am a 25C (commo guy) and I see your an Orioles fan. I am originally from Delaware. Are you in Ali Al Saleem, Kuwait? I have been through there a couple times.
No, I'm at AJ. It's not too bad, but I'd rather be at home. What part of Delaware? I'm originally from Baltimore, but moved to Pennsylvania many years ago. Once I went Regular Army, I was assigned to Fort Sill. Sill isn't too bad, but it's about time to move on.

I was always tasked out to handle our commo equipment even though I'm not a commo guy. I'm thinking about changing to Signal Corps, but I'm waiting to hear back from ARCOM.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:52 AM   #7
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Name: Eric
ToyotaTacoma4Ever's Tacoma Gallery
Quite the birthday present that is! Congrats & Welcome to TacomaWorld!
Old 04-20-2013, 03:53 AM   #8
JRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to behold
Army: DOD Civilian
Name: Justin
JRFugitt's Tacoma Gallery
Salute!
Old 04-20-2013, 04:32 AM   #9

Baum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlittle View Post
No, I'm at AJ. It's not too bad, but I'd rather be at home. What part of Delaware? I'm originally from Baltimore, but moved to Pennsylvania many years ago. Once I went Regular Army, I was assigned to Fort Sill. Sill isn't too bad, but it's about time to move on.

I was always tasked out to handle our commo equipment even though I'm not a commo guy. I'm thinking about changing to Signal Corps, but I'm waiting to hear back from ARCOM.
I lived in Camden/Dover through high school then left for basic directly after.
Signal Corps is not bad, all depends on the unit you are in. Line units are the best, mainly for experience and hooah training. If I could have done it all over again, I would have been combat arms instead of support.
How much longer are you in Kuwait for?
Old 04-20-2013, 05:34 AM   #10
T O Y O T A

mlittle's Tacoma Gallery
Damn Baum, don't you sleep.

I will be here for about another 5-6 months. I started off in the PA Army National Guard as an infantryman, but moved over to the Regular Army after ROTC. After living the life in a support unit, I'm debating going to combat arms. I just don't think that my body could take it. I'm currently in Ordnance, but I would prefer MI or Signal.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:06 AM   #11

Baum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Damn Baum, don't you sleep.

I will be here for about another 5-6 months. I started off in the PA Army National Guard as an infantryman, but moved over to the Regular Army after ROTC. After living the life in a support unit, I'm debating going to combat arms. I just don't think that my body could take it. I'm currently in Ordnance, but I would prefer MI or Signal.
I am on CQ. Gotta love it! ha. I worked with some MI guys when I was in Panjawaii, pretty cool dudes. But yeah, support is boring. Even though it serves as a good trade to learn, I cannot handle the quality of Soldiers and lack of discipline in support compared those combat arms Soldiers. I am sure you can agree with this being prior infantry.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:52 AM   #13
Brad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brad
Brad Lord's Tacoma Gallery
WELCOME !!
Old 04-20-2013, 07:55 AM   #14
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW
Old 04-20-2013, 08:00 AM   #15
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome--BEST damn gift ever--the ones you buy for yourself.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #16
T O Y O T A

mlittle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am on CQ. Gotta love it! ha. I worked with some MI guys when I was in Panjawaii, pretty cool dudes. But yeah, support is boring. Even though it serves as a good trade to learn, I cannot handle the quality of Soldiers and lack of discipline in support compared those combat arms Soldiers. I am sure you can agree with this being prior infantry.
It drives me nuts seeing the products that are coming out of BCT and AIT in todays Army. Lack of discipline is a definite. Soldiers are treating NCOs like crap and no one is doing anything about it. If you try to do anything, the Soldier cries to the chaplain. They don't realize how good they have it.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #17

Baum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It drives me nuts seeing the products that are coming out of BCT and AIT in todays Army. Lack of discipline is a definite. Soldiers are treating NCOs like crap and no one is doing anything about it. If you try to do anything, the Soldier cries to the chaplain. They don't realize how good they have it.
I completely agree with you brother! And as a NCO you cannot actually discipline a Soldier without having consequences yourself (I am talking about smoking the shit out of them). My leaders want EVERYTHING taken care of on a 4856, which is good for a paperwork trail but Soldiers seem to learn nothing from it.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #18

Baum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by newertoy View Post
Welcome--BEST damn gift ever--the ones you buy for yourself.
Hell Yea!!
Old 04-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #19
T O Y O T A

mlittle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I completely agree with you brother! And as a NCO you cannot actually discipline a Soldier without having consequences yourself (I am talking about smoking the shit out of them). My leaders want EVERYTHING taken care of on a 4856, which is good for a paperwork trail but Soldiers seem to learn nothing from it.
They either don't learn or the paperwork gets lost, so the NCOs do all the work with no desired results.