Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New Guy - Lumpskie

Old 04-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Smile New Guy - Lumpskie

Hello all,

My name is Justin and I've got a '96 Taco. I've been an on and off member of TTORA for a while. I started lurking these forums and thought I'd better join. Look forward to get "talkin shop" with you all.

Here's an old pic of my truck:
Old 04-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
Toyota Tech..when im not Fishing
blakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
blakes09's Tacoma Gallery
wut up lump...welcome to TW
Old 04-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
thefatkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedthefatkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedthefatkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedthefatkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedthefatkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedthefatkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedthefatkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedthefatkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedthefatkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedthefatkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedthefatkid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
thefatkid's Tacoma Gallery
That sure is a purdy truck.

Red elephant hill?
Old 04-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #5
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hey Brian!

That was on Cascade Creek, right next to the mine with the diesel pump out front.

Hey we need to talk rear suspension some time. I'm thinking about orbit eye bushings...
Old 04-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #7
Independant Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Welcome! Nice rig!
Thanks! I just got done looking at your build thread. If you don't mind me asking, how are you liking your 33x12.5 KM2s? Did you have to do some major cutting (like into the firewall) to get them to fit?
Old 04-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #8
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
Thanks! I just got done looking at your build thread. If you don't mind me asking, how are you liking your 33x12.5 KM2s? Did you have to do some major cutting (like into the firewall) to get them to fit?
No major cutting at all really, just trimmed some of the plastic. The only rubbing I have left are my mud flaps.

3.75" backspacing on the wheels seems to be the perfect setup for our trucks.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #10
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Well that gets me thinking. I've got 4" bs on my wheels... Might be time for bigger tires!
Yeah, 4" won't be that bad. What size tires do you have now?
Old 04-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #11
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW
Old 04-21-2013, 06:38 AM   #12
Independant Thinker

^Thanks!

Quote:
Yeah, 4" won't be that bad. What size tires do you have now?
I've got 32x11.5s on there now. I cut my pinch weld back to the firewall but I'm not sure that will be enough for the bigger tires.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #13
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard!
Old 04-21-2013, 07:34 AM   #14
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!!!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:35 AM   #15

Quote:
^Thanks!

I've got 32x11.5s on there now. I cut my pinch weld back to the firewall but I'm not sure that will be enough for the bigger tires.
Hmm, how much lift do you have over stock? With 4" backspacing your tire will be .25" more inside the wheel well than mine. So you'll probably have less issues with rubbing the fender than me. But you're more likely to rub the uca at full droop and rub the frame at full turn.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:17 AM   #16
Independant Thinker

Thanks for the welcomes, guys.

Quote:
Hmm, how much lift do you have over stock? With 4" backspacing your tire will be .25" more inside the wheel well than mine. So you'll probably have less issues with rubbing the fender than me. But you're more likely to rub the uca at full droop and rub the frame at full turn.
So, my LR UCAs "seem" like they afford me a little more space than the stockers because of their flatter geometry. I'll take a look today and see the clearance... Do you have any thoughts about that?
Old 04-21-2013, 11:19 AM   #17

Quote:
Thanks for the welcomes, guys.

So, my LR UCAs "seem" like they afford me a little more space than the stockers because of their flatter geometry. I'll take a look today and see the clearance... Do you have any thoughts about that?
I didn't know you had aftermarket uca's, you should be fine then. It'll be close but I doubt your tire will hit it.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:31 AM   #18
Independant Thinker

I might chicken out and get 33x10.5s first, then think about 12.5s on my next set. I've still got time to think about it, at least!