Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Salutations from WY

Old 04-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
Saren is on a distinguished road

Name: "Toyota"
Saren's Tacoma Gallery
Salutations from WY

I finally joined after months of perusing the forums for answers and suggestions.

My Tacoma story is this: I got my first truck in 2003 (I was 16), a 1997 SR5 with a 3" lift. I was hooked. That truck turned on its side one day at the sand dunes (my fault) and my parental unit sold it to save me from myself. Years went by wherein I drove Subarus until 2010 when I bought a 2001 Toyota Tacoma double cab with a 3" lift and leveling kit (I added air bag suspension in rear), 31" tires on 16" American Racing wheels, K&N air intake, Snugtop Super Sport shell--and I added a Flowmaster 40 Series muffler to make her purr. That truck was my favorite vehicle, ever. But shit happens, and one day a young woman broadsided me on the highway and my truck flipped and took one for the team. That truck saved my ass, but got totalled in the process.
(See Attached Photos)
I swore I would get myself another Tacoma, though I didn't expect to get the one I got. I thought I would stick with the smaller, classic, and attractive older model. In the end, I opted for the size and stability and safety of a newer Tacoma, and got myself a 2010 Tacoma SR5 with the TRD Off-Road package. She's a manual transmission, which means I still have only a five foot bed, but so far I'm falling quickly in love with this truck.

I'm here to keep getting (and maybe on occasion giving) insight into adding modifications, and for swapping stories about my ever-favorite vehicle! Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Salutations from WY-screen-shot-2013-04-06-9.50.29-am.jpg   Salutations from WY-streamzoo_truckresize.jpg  
Old 04-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #2
Never let your fear decide your fate
mommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kel
mommehK's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW... glad you had a Taco to take that hit for you. Yikes.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:13 PM   #4
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome

Brett
Old 04-23-2013, 04:03 AM   #5
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
Old 04-23-2013, 04:10 AM   #6
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
"parental unit"

Welcome, X-Idahoan!
I'm a new Idahoan
Old 04-23-2013, 07:22 AM   #7
Saren is on a distinguished road

Name: "Toyota"
Saren's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, ya'll!
Happy to be here.
Quote:
I'm a new Idahoan