Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

new socal tacoma

Old 04-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #1
TacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bobby
TacoDeLaPlaya's Tacoma Gallery
new socal tacoma

Hey my name is bobby I just purchased a 2006 Tacoma prerunner a month or so ago and I love it, been lurking around here ever since. I'm so happy to have a truck and be able to off-road, haul, and adventure in the desert or mountains. I traded in my modded 99 civic so which I also loved but it was time for a vehicle with normal ride height and appearance. However I'm sure I will be modifying the truck soon.

I have been involved with cars lately(drift, Honda, VIP, mostly Japanese or any type of racing) but I have always been a truck fan and I'm sure I will catch up shortly and help everyone find the hottest shit to do to our trucks. Feel free to ask me any car related questions, if I know I will tell you, and if don't know I won't make shit up. Hope to see everyone around town or at a meet soon.

Ps I don't believe that the biggest tire size for a stock susp is 265\70r17 looking to prove you all wrong soon. Trying to find a 285 or wider that will fit and is actually available. Lol

Old 04-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome, nice truck. You might could get away with a 285/70/16 with minor trimming. You would have to change wheels though.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDeLaPlaya View Post
Hey my name is bobby I just purchased a 2006 Tacoma prerunner a month or so ago and I love it, been lurking around here ever since. I'm so happy to have a truck and be able to off-road, haul, and adventure in the desert or mountains. I traded in my modded 99 civic so which I also loved but it was time for a vehicle with normal ride height and appearance. However I'm sure I will be modifying the truck soon.

I have been involved with cars lately(drift, Honda, VIP, mostly Japanese or any type of racing) but I have always been a truck fan and I'm sure I will catch up shortly and help everyone find the hottest shit to do to our trucks. Feel free to ask me any car related questions, if I know I will tell you, and if don't know I won't make shit up. Hope to see everyone around town or at a meet soon.

Ps I don't believe that the biggest tire size for a stock susp is 265\70r17 looking to prove you all wrong soon. Trying to find a 285 or wider that will fit and is actually available. Lol

Pretty bold statements for a newb, I don't know what your mech. knowledge is, but you aren't going to prove anyone wrong in regards to max tire size on stock susp. I don't recall anyone saying you couldn't get a larger tire on stock susp. Of course you can, just don't have aspirations of doing any offroading or even semi aggressive street driving on a larger tire without hitting /rubbing/evenually tearing the flairs off, but you go right ahead & prove us wrong....

Oh, welcome to TW
Old 04-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW Bobby.

Should be fun to watch you go thru the pains like everyone else did going to a bigger/wider tire. Most importantly is to have fun no matter what direction you go.

Cheers!
Old 04-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #5
BS1981 is on a distinguished road

EMS: Onsite Medical, Amazon.com
Name: Greg
BS1981's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Menifee! I am a new Tacoma owner as well, but came from an FJ so the modding isn't new to me. I guess anything is possible with the right tools and right cutting, but there is a ton of great information here and very knowledgeable folks as well, take the time to understand your stock capabilities and learn from others failed attempts...But most of all, have fun and you have a very nice truck!
Old 04-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #6
EDJY has a spectacular aura aboutEDJY has a spectacular aura about
Name: Elliott
EDJY's Tacoma Gallery
Its pretty easy to run larger tires.. 265 75 require no modification. What have you been reading?
Old 04-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #7
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #9
TacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
LOVING that carpet kit, man.

Who makes it?
Bought it like that i think it is custom. The boxes are plywood and the fabric is pretty standard sub box fabric maybe a bit thicker. The false floor is padded too so its basically a foam mattress pad underneath
Old 04-22-2013, 03:26 PM   #10
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
These fit . But....

Old 04-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Pretty bold statements for a newb, I don't know what your mech. knowledge is, but you aren't going to prove anyone wrong in regards to max tire size on stock susp. I don't recall anyone saying you couldn't get a larger tire on stock susp. Of course you can, just don't have aspirations of doing any offroading or even semi aggressive street driving on a larger tire without hitting /rubbing/evenually tearing the flairs off, but you go right ahead & prove us wrong....

Oh, welcome to TW
I'm not trying to be a dick, dick. I just believe it can be done with wider higher offset wheels. I don't plan to flex out that often. I don't even need a taller tire just want wider for beach and desert sand. Im not trying to insult anyone or there efforts.

Some of my mechanic experience is this...
Didn't think they were gonna fit...can hold a credit card between sidewall and fender while keeping driveability
Here's my old car used to scrapping and sucking up the front fenders

Old 04-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
These fit . But....

But what does it look like now lol. I think something a little skinnier but yeah right idea
Old 04-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Welcome, nice truck. You might could get away with a 285/70/16 with minor trimming. You would have to change wheels though.
I don't think the calipers clear 16s on sport...? Confirm
Old 04-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #14
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If you wanna hit beach or desert sand then you air down your tires.

And cue in DavidK
Old 04-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoffensive View Post
If you wanna hit beach or desert sand then you air down your tires.

And cue in DavidK
I know that but the Dunlop at20 do not clear anything larger than a piece of glitter
Old 04-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #17
Because fuck you that's why...
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't think the calipers clear 16s on sport...? Confirm
The calipers for the sport and offroad should be the same
Old 04-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #18

my stock street tires that i still have on my truck got me through truckhaven when the only suspension mod i has was 5100's up front......
Old 04-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #19
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery
Aloha & Welcome...I satiate both loves...his & hers

Old 04-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #20
TOYOTA.. Because barbie drives a jeep..
07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
07COMA801's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

hahah my max size is 265/75r16 mud terrains any bigger WILL rub! atleast with mudd terrains..