1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hello from Newbie

Discussion in 'New Members' started by newbieinct, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Apr 23, 2013 at 5:50 PM
    newbieinct

newbieinct [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    rick
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner
    Hi
    My name is Rick and I am a a proud owner of a "new to me" 2006 access cab Prerunner I purchased about a month ago. Being in my mid 40's I dont know how many mods or $ I will put in this truck other than a stereo (but who knows) Nothing wrong with mods that as I enjoy seeing what some of the members here do and I am quite impressed but for me I dont know...

My wife and I needed to switch out one of our vehicles and our priorities were ....

We need a truck for yard duties and a once a week hay run. Easy on gas or at least the best we could do as we commute 60 miles round trip a day. Towing very sparingly but must have the ability if the need arises.Automatic tranny and 4.0 .Kids are old now so quad cab wasnt a necessity but I wanted space for the dog.

We have owned everything. Jeep, Ford, Subaru, Oldsmobile,Hyundai,Mazda,Honda,Volvo,Nissan , Chevy and some of these more than once.Honda was the most reliable (Oddesey,Pilot Civic) .Toyota RAV was ok had some issues, Volvo xc 90 was the largest dissapointment.We honestly had great luck across the board w/ the exception of the 06 RAV and the 07 ish Volvo xc 90.

. Our 1984 Olds cutlass supreme Brougham was my all time favorite ...8cy comfortable and was ok on gas.

We wanted a truck and I did the research. Frontier scared me with the coolant in tranny fluid issue. I know w/ the rav we just ended up w/ a lemon it happens.I had to give Toyota another shot. I decided on the tacoma.

Like I said it has only been a short time..... My wife likes the ride and compares it to the XC90. I like the fuel mileage, space and I hope the reliability will be there. There is talk as we replace the other vehicle it will be another Tacoma possibly new. The more we drive it the more we love it . I can see this as being my 2nd favorite vehicle very shortly. Who knows this may surpass my beloved Olds . Could happen

So far I have towed my buddies boat , commuted , hay runs and projects around the house so far. It has done everything I want ... flawlessly.

Sooo sorry about the rant ... All I want is to update stock radio, maybe black out rims, and thats it. Window tint ? Help me is this how it starts ?

2. Apr 23, 2013 at 5:55 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    Welcome from TN!

3. Apr 23, 2013 at 6:04 PM
    choppersx

choppersx ZoMbiE aLeRt

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1968 Ford Mustang
    Lifted Bilstein shocks 5100's Front set 1.75, Rear set 1.5 ICON 3 Leaf Progressive add on / Lights-Retrofit with Halos & interior Dome / Tinted windows/AFE PRo Dry Air Filter / Go Rhino Bars / Flowmaster Exhaust 50 series
    Welcome Rick! Sounds like you made a great choice since you been using this truck to tow and carry hay. About the wheels you can check out some threads here about plasti dip rims black. This plasti dip cans are cheap if you wanting to save money and would be able to reverse the job whenever you like just by peeling it right of the rim. I seen these cans at Home Depot they run 6$ to 7$ each. My buddy just did hes with 4 cans , 1 can per wheel. Well good luck i hope this helps. :thumbsup:

4. Apr 23, 2013 at 6:13 PM
    Millertime187

Millertime187 I'll be your huckleberry!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Clay City, KY
    Vehicle:
    1995 Taco
    Just a few little things. It's my DD
    Welcome!!!

5. Apr 23, 2013 at 6:15 PM