Hello taco people, just got my 2013 reg. cab 2x4 with manual, as basic as it gets. For people interested in price here's break down: MSRP was under $20,000. Dealer fist offer was $18,500,. I checked consumer reports and true car and found that invoice price is around $17,300 but there's some dealer hold-backs that bring price down to $16,500. So I started negotiations from 16500 and worked to $17000, after looking around, back and forward between dealers i was able to get one for $17,000. Plus TAX $1020 and doc. fee of $220. Out the door price ended up $18,240. Dealer has 1.9% financing too.
I did not buy any extras like service agreement or vin etching($220).
So, what does newbee needs to know. What a must to buy? Please give me some pointers on:
-Cap (with flip up windows)
-full bed liner
-tail gate lock
-spare tire lock
-4 new steel rims for snow tires?
BTW How much new bed cost?
· Bench-seat covers $180 (Can’t believe it’s not leather),
· Bed Liner $375 (Bed rug),
· Roof rack $225 (Rhino-rack 2500 Series, plus DK clamps and pads),
· Modified Bed extender $85 (Extend-A-Truck 944 Truck Bed Extender),
· Hood lift assist $80 (RedlineTuning),
· Hood light $53 (tacomaworld.com “tacodane”),
· Hitch receiver $120 (Curt Manufacturing 13323 Class III Receiver),
· T connector for trailer $43 (CURT Manufacturing 55513 T-Connector),
· Manuel tailgate lock $30 (gatekeeper tailgate lock),
· Tailgate assist $28 (Sachs SG329900EZ Lift Support),
· Tailgate lock $67 (Pop & Lock Tailgate Lock Tailgate Lock PL5301),
· Spare tire lock $12 (Trimax ST30 Trimaflex Spare Tire Cable Lock),
· Hardwired battery float charger $20 (Schumacher SE-1-12S-CA Fully Automatic Onboard Battery Charger - 1.5 Amps) ,
· Vin # Glass etching $33 (vinguard.org),
· Easy oil drain plug $30 (Fumoto Engine Oil Drain Valve),
· Floor mats $80 (Husky Liners 2-Piece Front Liner 2-Piece Front Liner),
· Gas tank cap lock $10 (Gates 31780 Fuel Tank Cap),
· Glove box organizer $25 (tacomaworld.com),
· Door edge guard $15,
· Battery disconnect $2.