Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

TAILGATE SAFETY

Old 04-28-2013, 09:04 AM   #1
Chincess6389 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Chief Petty Officer
Chincess6389's Tacoma Gallery
Angry TAILGATE SAFETY

Hello from sunny San Diego,any suggestions for preventing 2009 TAILGATE being stolen?. They got mine last week.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:11 AM   #2
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
Pop and lock
Old 04-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Use the search function. There is a DIY mod for this. And welcome to tw!
Old 04-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...w-prevent.html
Old 04-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
Jetman1979 is on a distinguished road
Navy: E-6 retired
Name: Michael
Jetman1979's Tacoma Gallery
Hose clamps is the cheap way I am going to drive to that messed up state next week. I sure do love Texas.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #6
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard! Sorry you had to join under these circumstances. Good luck.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #7
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetman1979 View Post
Hose clamps is the cheap way I am going to drive to that messed up state next week. I sure do love Texas.
You apparently missed the article in the news last week about high tailgate thefts have been running rampant and increasing in and around DFW lately. Not sure where exactly you are, but apparently the reported tail gates thefts have jumped quite a bit here.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #8
Superdavert is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
Superdavert's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensystemsgo View Post
Pop and lock
X2
Old 04-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #9
It is not the reason I love Texas I am sure tailgate theft happens here as well. I hate California for there crappy gun laws.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:21 PM   #10
the Nightman cometh!

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetman1979 View Post
It is not the reason I love Texas I am sure tailgate theft happens here as well. I hate California for there crappy gun laws.
Gotcha, for that and many other reasons I'm on the same page about the best state
Old 04-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjew18 View Post
Gotcha, for that and many other reasons I'm on the same page about the best state
I see you are from Alliance. I used to work there at the American maintenance base till they shut it down. Now I am forced to move to Commieornia to work at LAX. Not a happy camper.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:05 PM   #12
dsrtne1 will become famous soon enough

dsrtne1's Tacoma Gallery
i had an attempted theft but the hose clamp saved me. I went ahead and got the Dynolock though just for the added security. The hose clamp mod is a theft deterrent but not completely theft proof.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:58 AM   #13
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrtne1 View Post
i had an attempted theft but the hose clamp saved me. I went ahead and got the Dynolock though just for the added security. The hose clamp mod is a theft deterrent but not completely theft proof.
Unless you weld it shut, they are all deterrents. If they are looking for a quick snatch and grab and see they will have to use tools for a couple minutes, odds are good they will move on, but not 100%.

What pisses me off is the two catalytic converters that take 20 seconds to remove each. If you want to protect them you are looking at like 600-800 bucks for a pair of those cat locks. Yuck..