1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

bumper light socket fried

Discussion in 'New Members' started by mnger9, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Apr 30, 2013 at 11:55 PM
    mnger9

mnger9 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 Prerunner double cab
    I'm new to the forum and have owned a 2004 Tacoma Prerunner double cab for a year now. I have a bulb socket fried in my bumper light. If I'm not mistaken, this was originally an amber parking light? When I purchased it, it was set up with clear 3157 bulbs. To make a long story short, the female plug on the harness as well as the bulb socket plug that mounts into the lens is fried where they plug together (both of them). I've been able to locate the female end for the wire harness, but I'm unable to locate the socket assembly that the bulb goes into and the harness plugs into. If anyone has any advice as to where I could locate this part, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jerry.

2. May 1, 2013 at 5:23 AM
    mnger9

mnger9 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 Prerunner double cab
    Was in a rush last night to post my questions on this forum as I had to work, however after having more time to research it, this originally was a turn signal, and had been converted to a clear running light of sorts. I was able to find the proper plug or socket assembly (toyota part #81515a), and my question now is: Is the 3157 bulb in this wiring configuration overloading the circuit?, or is my problem with the fried plug a fluke, and/or probably due to the moisture in the lens housing?.

Products Discussed in

To Top