Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New Obsession

Old 05-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
<3
Dunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
Dunkoma's Tacoma Gallery
New Taco

Hey all!

So for about one year I was set on getting a Jeep. Test drove them, researched them to death, thought it was perfect. Then my buddy who's had his old beat up Toyota for years mentioned the Tacoma. After 1 week of searching this forum + every other site out there and a couple test drives I had my new truck and have NO regrets!

I'm not very mechanically inclined, and its a bit difficult to do work within the constraints of my apartment complex. Anyone else do work living in an apartment?

At first I thought the truck was expensive, and now I'm realizing its all the mods that I want to do that will really hurt my wallet!

Anyway - I'm not much of a poster yet, more of a lurker. Honestly I have trouble thinking of something I want to post that's not already on this forum. I just reached out to SDHQ to talk about my options for a lift etc. Maybe I'll post my anticipated set up once I have it outlined to see what you all think.
Attached Thumbnails
New Obsession-554659_10200275702788020_993593816_n.jpg  
Old 05-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW form Chandler. Check out the Az section for meet n' greets, events, mod days and other fun stuff.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome. Nice truck
Old 05-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #6
<3
Dunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dunkoma's Tacoma Gallery
I guess there is a point of posting - those are some good ideas Aw9d thanks! Still working on properly navigating the site - I'm sure there's a thread for that too.

Looks like a helpful fuel app Mike - haven't seen that before might be worth checking it out.

You have a sick truck Mademan! I almost got one blacked out - what's the brand on that bull bar? That's the first one that I dig the look on.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #7
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Lot's of good people on here. I think the MOD day's they have could really benefit you and save ya some $$$.

Thanks for reaching out to us, we appreciate it and any more questions let me know
Old 05-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #8
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by adunkoma View Post
I guess there is a point of posting - those are some good ideas Aw9d thanks! Still working on properly navigating the site - I'm sure there's a thread for that too.

Looks like a helpful fuel app Mike - haven't seen that before might be worth checking it out.

You have a sick truck Mademan! I almost got one blacked out - what's the brand on that bull bar? That's the first one that I dig the look on.
It's an avid bar. It's made out of steel. I like. It's been hit by cars, shopping carts and a bolder. Holds up well. Here is a link to their site. They have a TW discount

http://www.avidoffroad.com/
Old 05-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #9
<3

Dunkoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademan925 View Post
It's an avid bar. It's made out of steel. I like. It's been hit by cars, shopping carts and a bolder. Holds up well. Here is a link to their site. They have a TW discount

http://www.avidoffroad.com/
Awesome, a little pricey considering they come unfinished but I'm down - after I get my suspension done that'll probably be next on the list. Do you every find use for your roof racks?
Old 05-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #10
JerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Jerry
JerryTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the truck man! SDHQ did my truck, and they are definitely a very top notch shop, and extremely awesome to work with.. Couldn't be happier with everything they did, and can't wait to go back for more...

Looking forward to seeing your mods
Old 05-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #11
<3

Dunkoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryTaco View Post
Congrats on the truck man! SDHQ did my truck, and they are definitely a very top notch shop, and extremely awesome to work with.. Couldn't be happier with everything they did, and can't wait to go back for more...

Looking forward to seeing your mods
Thanks bud - I'm looking forward to seeing them too!
Old 05-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #12
Senor Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by adunkoma View Post
Awesome, a little pricey considering they come unfinished but I'm down - after I get my suspension done that'll probably be next on the list. Do you every find use for your roof racks?
I used it for my ski rack in the begining of the winter but since I got a bed cover I havent used it.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #13
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Someone has a bunch of goodies on their way in or already here!
Old 05-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #14
<3

Dunkoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
Someone has a bunch of goodies on their way in or already here!
if any earlier appointments open up let me know!
Old 05-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #15
Cuz Stock Sucks!

Well, Andrew dropped his truck off to us this morning. Time to get it some SDHQ love!

Out with the old, in with the New!

Old 05-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #16
<3

Dunkoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
Well, Andrew dropped his truck off to us this morning. Time to get it some SDHQ love!
Thanks for posting Vince, I'm stoked to see it put together keep the pics coming!
Old 05-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #19
<3

Dunkoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryTaco View Post
Hell yeah!! You are going to love it, and SDHQ will definitely do a perfect job
HAha yup man I finally pulled the trigger. Same tires as you, UCA's, and I guess I'll be testing the Icon's out for myself pretty soon here. Thanks for the advice a couple weeks back.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #20
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW man! SDHQ did some work to my truck last year and I am pleased with the results. Hope to see you at the next meet.