Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New 2013 Baja white

Old 05-04-2013, 07:45 AM   #1
wolverine768 is on a distinguished road

wolverine768's Tacoma Gallery
New 2013 Baja white

Hello all. I just got my new Taco 2 days ago from John Elway in Ontario CA. Got a super deal on it w entune and the works. The modding has already begun with a tuffy rear locking storage box and pop and lock tailgate handle. Before you all(or most) flame me for not getting a stock trd and doing suspension and tires. I'm gonna let you know why I went Baja.
1. Factory warranty on everything with no questions asked.
2. Price YES PRICE. I paid $35,500 for the truck w entune.
3. No head aches. EVen if I saved dough on the king, toyotec, ome or whatever shocks, I am no wrencher so I would need to pay for install, and I would have a truck down for who knows how long while everything but the toyotecs(which no one wanted to install for less than $350) get rebuilt(in 35k miles or less).

Mods to come:

I need a rear soft top(leaning to it) or a hard top. My 2 kids and 75 lb dog are a bit much in the back seat! I was debating between a softopper and a custom job that that guy does in the group buy area. Any opinions on them? Anyone ever seen a picture of a white truck with a white soft top? I can't find any anywhere(not even softopper had a pic!(I'm not going bestop because it doesn't vent enough, no screen options, etc)

Bumper and winch. I'm either thinking Aluminess or other aluminum, with a 8k smittybuilt w synthetic rope. There is another guy on here w baja running a steel plate bumper w a winch/synthetic w no issues or significant sag, so I should be super good w aluminum bumper.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
Morto un papa, se ne fa un'altro
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: EOD TEU1, MU 8, BUD/s 225, MA 9545
Name: Jason
motorsport36's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! I have the same truck and I love it!!
Old 05-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #3
Limitless is on a distinguished road
Name: Scott
Limitless's Tacoma Gallery
We want pics
Old 05-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #4

2013 White Baja

sorry there are taken with my blackberry(whihc doesnt't support the entune!)
Attached Thumbnails
New 2013 Baja white-los-angeles-20130501-00156.jpg  
Old 05-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #5
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MI Officer
Name: Chris
Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet truck, get it dirty.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #6
Valsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
Valsmere's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome looking truck Bud lots of luck. I almost went that route.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #7
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats...
Old 05-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #8

any help on the white soft top pics?

Has anyone seen a white taco with a white softopper? or any white soft top? I have seen tan (not my thing) and black, but never a white. Guys at softopper couldnt produce a picture. best was silver tundra w white. Any thoughts on how it would look? ANy good reasons not to do it? THANKS!!
Old 05-05-2013, 07:14 AM   #9
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I think it would be cool with a white soft topper especially if you got the baja graphics continued up on to it (either printed or stitched on) it probably wouldn't be cheap but it would look so cool!!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #10
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Real sweet deal if you like Entune. Of all the ones I looked at I never saw one with Entune. In Texas they like to add tubes which I definitely did not want. Another thing I noticed here is most all Toyotas have Vehicle Shield except the Baja's. I am not sure if they are trying to keep price down or maybe they realize Baja buyers don't want the over priced GS crap. You should have had them flip those tires.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #11

good idea on the tire flip. I think I'm gonna pull off the big BAJA stickers too. I 'm hunting for a black softopper now and trying to get a winch bumper as light as possible.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #12
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine768 View Post
good idea on the tire flip. I think I'm gonna pull off the big BAJA stickers too. I 'm hunting for a black softopper now and trying to get a winch bumper as light as possible.
I am just not a fan of white letters. The sales dudes all thought mine looked better with black out. Other than entune did you get any other options? What was MSRP?
Old 05-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #13
kws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kws129's Tacoma Gallery
I think your Blackberry will support entune, you just have to download the app. At least mine does with the wife's 4Runner.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:50 PM   #14
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
Yay for more baja's!!!! Looks sexy in white.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #15

no more stickers and softopper installed

Wife hated the big baja stickers. She even started peeling them! 15 mins
Attached Thumbnails
New 2013 Baja white-20130519_165148.jpg  
Old 05-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #16

sorry so slow to respond stumpjumper. MSRP was $39100 I think? Only option was baja and tow package. May have been a few hundred more.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #17

oh and I grabbed a galaxy s4 and now my entune is running like a champ. S4 is super sweet!
Old 05-20-2013, 06:53 AM   #18
MonkeyLuvsPoo is on a distinguished road
Marines: Motor T
Name: Nick
MonkeyLuvsPoo's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet truck! I went with the Bakflip F1 on my baja. Highly recommend it.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:54 AM   #19
A bit noobish
jedirye is an unknown quantity at this point
jedirye's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, appreciate this post about what you got and what you paid. It is helpful for people looking for a similar truck. Only options were the Baja, Entune, and tow package? Good to know!
Old 05-28-2013, 07:36 AM   #20

had the bakflip on my power wagon. was great, but this truck is a lot smaller inside so w 2 kids and 75lb dog in back seat it was too hectic. So I went softopper and bedrug bed mat. Dog seems good back there, and kids don't have dog drooling or shoving his butt in their faces. Not that they don't love that and laugh and scream, I just need a little more quiet in those AM rides to the bus!