Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

My First Taco

Old 05-08-2013, 01:16 AM   #1
Bad Mofo is on a distinguished road
Bad Mofo's Tacoma Gallery
My First Taco

19 years ago I remember a buddy of mine "Paul" got his first Toyota Pick up. It was exactly the configuration I always wanted. I was really happy for my friend and envious in a good way. It was a brand new 1994 black 4x4 RC. At that time, there was no way I could every afford a truck like that or any vehicle for that matter. I was working and going to high school, the money I saved to buy my first vehicle ended up going to help my dad pay the bills. I was glad I could help, it was a different time back then. Many years have passed and I forgot all about those old memories. After owning two full size pickups I realized that I did not really need that much power. Balancing my budget a small truck really made sense. Well, I got my wish and finally got that little black truck. Some tint, plasti-dip, and a few decals. It was well worth the wait. I love this truck more than any vehicle I have ever owned. Only had it for one week and its been a blast!

Here it is:

I've owned two trucks before this Tacoma. Both ram 1/2 tons, really fun, but just way too expensive to drive as much as I wanted to. Looking at gas prices over the last few years, I thought "a little 4x4 with a diesel would be nice". I've driven both diesel and gas toyotas overseas and they were both really durable and reliable. Midsize diesel P/Us are not available in our market and that's fine. Next best thing to a Hilux is a Tacoma, gas is cheaper and its much quieter than a diesel anyway. I've been researching on this site for quiet a while now. Its nice to finally become a member.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:29 AM   #3
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery
Aloha & Welcome!!!
Old 05-08-2013, 06:07 AM   #4
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats and welcome aboard!
Old 05-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #5
Bad Mofo is on a distinguished road
Bad Mofo's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for the warm welcome. I am pretty excited to start modding it. As you can tell I already did the BHLM. This weekend I'm installing the towing hitch, trailer wiring harness, and transmission cooler.