Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New here....not to yodas

Old 05-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
Kauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Cav Troop XO, 1LT
Kauai Taco's Tacoma Gallery
New here....not to yodas

Aloha.
quick intro:
Been a long time yoda fan.. 5 trucks so far. 1 85, 3 86's, & an 89.
Came on this site looking for specs... liked whats going on here so I joined up!

I live on Kauai..10yrs now but from Orange County/SoCal originally. 9 yrs U.S. Army/Ca. Army Natl. Guard/Army Resv, Cavalry. Last position was 1/18 Cav, A troop XO .... got out 6 months before my unit was activated for 1st Gulf War. Some of my guys went to Kosovo and others went to Guantanamo as a security force. Damn, i missed all the fun!

Ok, 1st pic is Ol' Rusty...86 sr5 longbed 22r/5sp with home built flat bed and 250,000 miles on orig. drivetrain.

2nd pic, I just picked up my latest...02 prerunner crew cab/auto/4cyl. Bone stock but that will change with time.... Earlier today i installed the billit grill, added a custom fitted grill logo(hacked out of the old grill center section) and rattle bombed the factory skid plates. Installed the rain deflectors yesterday.

Will add a receiver hitch, wheels, pop-n-lock, and side steps in the next month. Not sure what else i wanna do to it just yet...

Next thing will be to toss those Cali plates! Aloha!
Attached Thumbnails
New here....not to yodas-oldtaco.jpg   New here....not to yodas-newtaco.jpg   New here....not to yodas-oldnewtaco.jpg  
Old 05-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Nice first gen, welcome.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #3
azvikefan is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Crypto
azvikefan's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome Kauai. I spent a lot of time from 1998 to 2008 on your island. Always stayed in Poipu. We were launching missiles from KTF for missile defense tests. Made a lot of good local friends out there. I always noticed how many Toyota trucks there were on the island. Beautiful place.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:42 PM   #5
Kauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKauai Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Thanks guys!
Wife and i both work in Poipu.
SO MANY Toyota trucks here!!! #1 vehicle on island by far!
Azvikefan, I have several buddies working at PMRF..'Pacific missle range facility'
Old 05-09-2013, 06:49 AM   #6
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard!
Old 05-09-2013, 07:19 AM   #7
97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of

97Blk_one's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the Mainland TW
Old 05-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #8
Yotatoy04 is on a distinguished road
Army:
Yotatoy04's Tacoma Gallery
Drove an 88 toyota truck for 16 years; later upgraded to a tacoma 2004
Old 05-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #9
Yotatoy04 is on a distinguished road
Army:
Yotatoy04's Tacoma Gallery
Took me some time to get used to gas filler on drivers side on my 04 tacoma in contrast to my 88 truck filler being on passenger side. I also miss not having a manual transmission. 88 toyota truck: best work truck.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:25 PM   #10
That's so funny/true yotatoy04! 1st fill up had me reaching the damn hose over the bed cause the filler was on my side now...LOL!

Best truck in the past was a 2wd 86 EFI short bed (calif bed) that i lifted 6"(3 body/3 suspension)....damn that truck could catch so air!!! I'll have to dig a pic and post it for shits-n-grins.

loving the crewcab....little hard to find cool stuff for it. Seems like 05-> 2nd genes get all the cool stuff