1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Giving a taco to my son

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Db26, May 10, 2013.

1. May 10, 2013 at 5:22 PM
    Db26

Db26 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    Plain jane
    Custom dented tailgate, tons of scratches,new plastic auto zone hubcaps
    Hello just thought I would check in, we have a 2wd tacoma 1996 5lug. It's fairly nice with 160000 miles and will be a great first vehicle for my son to learn with he is 13 and has been doing basic maint...oil changes and such on it with me he thinks,and I agree it needs a little sprucing up, and he wants to make it a bit more aggressive looking. I have been considering a mild lift maybe the spindle replacement type and a rear shackle with a set of rims and ATs but would love to hear from people that have done this to theirs my concerns are safety, stability and durability. I really need some input from you tacoma guys out there, does the lift make them handle a bit tipsy? I have lifted several full size rigs but never a Toyota and I wonder about the owners likes/dislikes with lifting these little rigs We have quite a bit of time till he can legally drive so it is something he and I plan to work on together.nice for him,better for me!:) I get to spend time teaching him and hanging out,plus he gets to learn how important basic maintenance is on these rigs and ultimately he gets a truck.

2. May 10, 2013 at 5:30 PM
    oldblue1968chevy

oldblue1968chevy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Spokane WA/Viola TN
    Vehicle:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma V6 TRD
    Stock
    cool good idea cant helptho bump

3. May 11, 2013 at 5:14 PM
    Raceline08

Raceline08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Santa Rosa, ca
    Vehicle:
    Silver 08 DBC SB 4x4 TRD Offroad
    front Billies, 885x coils, taco lean spacer, TC UCA'S, Magnaflow 22" OME Dakars, Billy 110 rear's, B.A.M.F CMC, custom made E-locker guard
    Welcome

4. May 11, 2013 at 5:29 PM
    Skinny Rogers

Skinny Rogers U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze

Member:
    First Name:
    Lance
    NC
    Vehicle:
    10 taco
    Way to go dad! Welcome!

5. May 11, 2013 at 9:03 PM
    Bagman

Bagman Dental Floss Tycoon

Member:
    Area 51
    Vehicle:
    2023 4Runner SR5 Premium
    Welcome and good luck with your project. Lucky kid. Post pics as you progress through your build.

6. May 11, 2013 at 11:44 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    in some cases lifting it can of course make it sway more, however with a 5 lug like you have, lifting it (ie getting better suspension parts) will probably make the ride better and sway less because it will replace the soggy/soft shocks for something stiffer.

7. May 12, 2013 at 5:03 AM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome to TW!

Products Discussed in

To Top