Notices

Giving a taco to my son

Old 05-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
Db26 is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Dave
Db26's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Giving a taco to my son

Hello just thought I would check in, we have a 2wd tacoma 1996 5lug. It's fairly nice with 160000 miles and will be a great first vehicle for my son to learn with he is 13 and has been doing basic maint...oil changes and such on it with me he thinks,and I agree it needs a little sprucing up, and he wants to make it a bit more aggressive looking. I have been considering a mild lift maybe the spindle replacement type and a rear shackle with a set of rims and ATs but would love to hear from people that have done this to theirs my concerns are safety, stability and durability. I really need some input from you tacoma guys out there, does the lift make them handle a bit tipsy? I have lifted several full size rigs but never a Toyota and I wonder about the owners likes/dislikes with lifting these little rigs We have quite a bit of time till he can legally drive so it is something he and I plan to work on together.nice for him,better for me! I get to spend time teaching him and hanging out,plus he gets to learn how important basic maintenance is on these rigs and ultimately he gets a truck.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
cool good idea cant helptho bump
Old 05-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #3
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
Old 05-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Way to go dad! Welcome!
Old 05-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #5
Dental Floss Tycoon
Bagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bagman's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome and good luck with your project. Lucky kid. Post pics as you progress through your build.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:03 AM   #7
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!