Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New to forum - Thanks for tire size recommendations

Old 05-12-2013, 11:57 PM   #1
Shakes2582 is on a distinguished road
Shakes2582's Tacoma Gallery
New to forum - Thanks for tire size recommendations

Hi all,

I am new to the forum. Driven plenty of Toyotas in the past but strangley enough, all Hilux. Never a Tacoma, but we have recently purchased a 2013 TRD DoubleCab Tacoma as my wife's daily driver and my weekend trail/fishing truck. I am very impressed.

Additions so far have been necessity , as I have told my wife. Range Rider Apex Sport series canopy and a ProComp 3" Leveling Kit. We also outfitted it with 275/65R18 Cooper Discovery STT shoes on 18" Ultra Barons.

I would like to thank everyone that has contributed to the tire size threads. We ordered a set of 305/60R18s initially to try, but after reading the forum, went back and got the current set ordered as well, just in case. Turns out that even though the 305s looked GREAT on the truck, they just wont fit with the offset on the rims we got. I wanted to stay near stock offset to save us from buying flares for now. As it turns out, Tacomas do not have a ton of room engineered into the control arm area .

Although disappointed, the right tires were in and we didn't have to wait to get her on the road. Summer is fast approaching so I will undoubtedly know very soon if the height/tire combination will suit our purpose but as for now it looks great and has easily handled anything we have thrown at it yet.

One tip is that if going with the 275/65R18 and a mere 3" Leveling kit some very minor trimming inside the fender well is needed to the small plastic tab that sticks down on the front of the inner fender. While clearing most of the time, when some articulation is introduce the tire pulls on this tab and rather than one day ruining the whole inner fender I trimmed 1.5" off the plastic and stopped the rubbing completely.
Attached Thumbnails
New to forum - Thanks for tire size recommendations-img_8040.jpg   New to forum - Thanks for tire size recommendations-img_8033.jpg   New to forum - Thanks for tire size recommendations-img_8005.jpg