Notices

New to forum

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
BKTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Bryan
BKTaco's Tacoma Gallery
New to forum

Hey all - just wanted to say thanks for all the great information. I graduated from a 1999 Ford Ranger that I drove for almost 10 years (looked great but showing its age mechanically) to a gently-used 2006 TRD Sport DCSB. I absolutely LOVE this truck. I can't believe it took so long for me to upgrade!

Anyway, I've already taken advice from y'all on fixing the compass as well as securing the tailgate (not as much of an issue b/c I don't have the rear backup camera but thought I'd be on the safe side). Now I just need to hear back on replacing that front passenger tow hook with something that can accept a shackle and better floor-mats are next on the list.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #3
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome. Great upgrade
Old 05-13-2013, 04:29 PM   #4
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW..

That front hook will take a looped strap , I would make sure I had a secure rear tow point that would accept a D-ring/shackle....
Old 05-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #5
BKTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Bryan
BKTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the welcome/replies!

Good to know that the passenger side front point is strong enough to accept a recovery strap and the truck came equipped with a rear receiver so I'm halfway there.

Amazon.com - Receiver Hitch will be next on the list.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #6
NorGATaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Brent
NorGATaco's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW

Products Discussed in this Thread